One Week Fruit and Vegetable Detox

Options
Hello everyone,

I am involved in a fitness boot camp and each week we have challenges to assist us in reaching our fitness/weight loss goals. This week we are eating on fruits and vegetables. I'm hanging in with the diet regimen, but I haven't been having my regular bowel movements and I'm full of gas. I'm thinking that my body hasn't adjusted to the diet change. Does anyone know what the issue may be?

Replies

• meghan1966
    Options
    When you want to add a lot of fiber to your diet, you need to do it gradually to avoid what you're currently experiencing. Try some GaxX softgels and drink more water.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Yep. Fruits and veggies mean fiber fiber fiber. And fiber creates gas! An over the counter anti-gas should help.
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    I did one of these diets after being on several different antibiotics for a resistant ear infection, which messed up my system. (I had a lot of your same problems before even starting) Basically it was eating all fruits and veggies, no bread, no dairy and there was a fiber drink every morning which contained psyllium and a probiotic to take as well to replenish what my antibiotics had killed off. I have a hunch that probiotic helped a lot and I never felt better than I did at the end of that week. You may want to try that.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am involved in a fitness boot camp and each week we have challenges to assist us in reaching our fitness/weight loss goals. This week we are eating on fruits and vegetables. I'm hanging in with the diet regimen, but I haven't been having my regular bowel movements and I'm full of gas. I'm thinking that my body hasn't adjusted to the diet change. Does anyone know what the issue may be?

Yep, you need to be careful which fruits you eat at the same time, otherwise you get gas, flatulence and can get a little upset stomach. Regarding bowel movements, when eating only fruits and veg, bowel movements can stop for a while, but do not worry, they return as soon as you start eating other foods again, if not before.

Do not mix vegetables with fruit either, have an hour or more between eating one or the other or you will get flatulence and it can be upsetting for your digestion

The groups are:

Group A
    Oranges
    Grapefruit
    Pineapple
    Strawberries
    Lemons and Limes
    Pomegranates
    Plums

Group B
    Mango
    Cherries
    Apples
    Peaches
    Apricots
    Berries
    Pears
    Nectarines
    Kiwi
    Papaya

Group C
    Bananas
    Dates
    Fresh figs
    Grapes
    Dried Fruit

Fruits from group A are ok if eaten with fruits from group B
    Fruits from group B are also ok if eaten with fruits from group C

However do NOT mix fruits from group A with those from group C, if you do you will get undesirable gas results.

Fruits fasting is fine as long as it is not for longer than about 10 days.

Take care
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    I know this was posted a while back, id like to incorperate LOTS of fruits and veggies in my diet, also beans, i love them all, but they HATE me, gas, gas, gas!!!!!, and no amount of Beano or any other gas product on the market can stop the "Stinky" gas, trust me, no one wants to be around me when i eat this stuff! So what do i do? ive read somewere to gradually increase these foods that cause gas--broccoli, brussell sprouts, beans etc., because if you jump into this with both feet, your system wont know what hit it!! So does anyone have any advise?
    Carol:smile: