Things that suck about weight loss

Options
SymphonynSonata
SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
This is just for fun, please do not take offense! I always read topics about how fun dieting can be -- and it totally can! But the suckyness seems to get avoided (losing weight isn't sucky, but sometimes it can be a drag)!

1. Having to go to the restroom 5x a night in the beginning!
2. Getting to a pretty good weight and buying a bunch of clothes. A month or so later, nothing fits! (OK, this isn't SO sucky, but it kind of is!)

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    1. having to spend money on new clothes when I know I'll have to replace them in a few months
    2. loose skin
    3. people thinking I'm sick, when actually I'm working my *kitten* off (literally) and losing in a healthy way (and btw - i still have a long way to go!)
    4. feeling cold all the time

BUT - it's worth it!
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Oh yes!! Feeling cold!!!

Splurging on a holiday and that one day holiday turns into a week (or month) and trying to get back on track is like kicking a bad addiction!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    1- when people are like "you are skinny eat the cake" and you are thinking yes but that will be a half hr of working out and u actually don't want the cake.
    2- shopping- more so trying things on all the time.- and new styles to fit your body.
    3- when people make fun of bigger people in front of you not knowing that you were just like them- this one really pisses me off.
    4- when people want you to be how you were and not accept that you have diffrent habits now.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    agree with being cold... ALL THE TIME
  • PaleoChocolateBearJr
    Options
    I have a wide assortment of belts because they are cheaper than pants
  • withabandon
    withabandon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I go to an annual equestrian event that is held in early May in a barn complex, so not really heated. I weighed 70lbs more the year before and when I went the following year my two BIGGEST complaints were that I was FREEZING (had never noticed it before) and sitting on the unpadded bleachers hurt my *kitten*! Not as much cushion.

Not specifically about losing weight but about the process - when people know what you are doing try to shame you when you eat something they don't think should be included in your healthy lifestyle.
  • JohnDowding
    JohnDowding Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    - people not noticing how great I look (are they blind?!?). Compliments please
    - eating at restaurants
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    1- when people are like "you are skinny eat the cake" and you are thinking yes but that will be a half hr of working out and u actually don't want the cake.
    2- shopping- more so trying things on all the time.- and new styles to fit your body.
    3- when people make fun of bigger people in front of you not knowing that you were just like them- this one really pisses me off.
    4- when people want you to be how you were and not accept that you have different habits now.

Oh my goodness.... #4 !!!!
  • triskaidekaphile13
    triskaidekaphile13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Agree with the feeling cold plus people thinking I must be ill because surely it can't be as simple as moving more and eating less. When I was in the office last week somebody who had been spreading rumours of my having been ill (moved on from telling people I'd had a gastric band) eventually spoke to me about it and told me I was putting them all to shame. I've also knitted lovely things and before I've finished them they don't fit me anymore. Even my shoes are too big.
  • IngridGurule
    Options
    Being Cold is the worst. Then there are people that don't understand that youre on a certain diet so they rub it in your face that you can't eat whatever they are eating because 'your on a diet.'
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    being cold was the worst for me, but i have to say, it either went away or my body adjusted. i don't feel cold any more. took about a year tho.
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    When your coworker brings in one of your favorite things to eat (Fast food, Pizza, Etc) and it smells so good but you know if you eat it you will be either working out more or trying to cut your calories somewhere else! So not worth it! Must walk away!
  • NatalieG525
    NatalieG525 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    "Oh you've been doing so well recently. You deserve a treat!" I don't NEED a treat, so stop shoving cake in my face -.-
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    #1-Loosing my boobs when I didn't have much to begin with.
    #2-Wearing jackets and sweaters at work because I am cold (live in Florida).
    #3- The bat wings-Loose skin.
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    1. Needing a new wardrobe for every season like a toddler (which I LOVE).
    2. Realizing that I actually enjoy healthy food, and now my family does too. Even the 3 year old will eat most of it.
  • noratas
    noratas Posts: 49
    Options
    - people not noticing how great I look (are they blind?!?). Compliments please
    - eating at restaurants

You look great!
  • MarKayDee
    MarKayDee Posts: 196
    Options
    -doing it with friends/coworkers who lose more quickly than you
    -balancing social events (birthdays, lunches, meetings) and eating healthy
    -having to say "I'm not eating that right now"
    -the way orange chicken smells when you can't have it. Which is silly because I don't even LIKE orange chicken.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    -loose skin
    -rings falling off
    - having to buy new clothes
    -people treating you better just because you are a smaller size.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    - Loose skin
    - Every time you get money, some of it has to be spent on clothes.
    - People saying "Wow, you got hot". So, I wasn't hot before? Gee, thanks. :brokenheart:
    - People treating you better.
    - "How'd you do it?" "1,200-1,500 calories and exercise. No secret, really." "Darn, I was hoping you'd say something easier". :huh: You start hearing that all the time. All the time.
    - Even shoes don't fit anymore. :noway:
    - Some people actually treat you worse. Yes. It's true.
    - If you lose too quickly. "Are you on pills?" "Are you anorexic?" "You're not starving yourself are you?" :grumble:
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Losing my butt and boobs.
    Spending money on new clothes.