thank you!!!!!!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Will have to try soon.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    looks great thanks for posting the photo too!
  • HungryAnimal
    HungryAnimal Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • brown46545
    brown46545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This looks great. I have seen this a lot on Pinterest, but wasn't sure if it was really worth the effort. Think I'll try it this week!
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    bump
  • faithfirst
    faithfirst Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    looks go good, im going to put my shoes on right now and go to supermarket before it closes to make for tea tonight, going to cook with sin free chips.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    just No….

when is pizza not pizza, when it is made from cauliflower crust..

/end thread
  • joeez5
    joeez5 Posts: 8
    Options
    bump
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I know there are a plethora of versions out there, here is mine:
    Grated a head of cauliflower with a cheese grater (I would use a food processor if I had one). Cook in microwave for 8 mins. Let it cool for about 10 mins. Put in an egg and 1/2 cup mozzarella as well as a few dashes of whatever spices you like (basil, oregano, parsley, cayenne). Mix with hand. It'll be gloppy. Spread onto a lightly oiled pan. I used coconut oil on glass. Norm i use olive oil but my cousin said to try coconut for when olive oil hits a certain temp it turns to trans fat. Bake at 450 for 15 or until it starts to brown slightly. As that baked I sautéed desired veggies in coconut oil. I used summer squash mushrooms and asparagus. Once crust was done I used no salt added diced tomatoes for sauce. Added cheese. Put sautéed veggies on top. Baked an additional 15 on 450 or until cheese started to brown

Olive oil and coconut oil actually have the same smoke point- 350 degrees. So it wouldn't matter which oil you used in this recipe. it's gonna happen anyway. Sounds yummy though, I'll have to try it.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Can you use frozen cauliflower? I have a couple bags in the freezer and was looking for a way to use them up.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    Why? Why does everyone think cauliflower can replace everything?:sick:

Eat the real thing.

:flowerforyou:

because with this you can eat WAAAAAAY more than one piece. I do eat the real thing but when you're 5'2 you just don't get enough calories in the day to eat 3 pieces of pizza.
  • cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe can't wait to make it.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try that now that your picture has gotten my mind obsessing over Pizza! :wink: :laugh:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Eat the real thing.

because with this you can eat WAAAAAAY more than one piece. I do eat the real thing but when you're 5'2 you just don't get enough calories in the day to eat 3 pieces of pizza.

? make a thin crust pizza, has less calories and you can eat more…problem solved…

or eat less earlier in the day so you can eat more pizza …
  • prettyfacepeach
    prettyfacepeach Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Can you use frozen cauliflower? I have a couple bags in the freezer and was looking for a way to use them up.

I don't see why not! :) If you do make it with frozen, let me know how it turns out!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options

Eat the real thing.

? make a thin crust pizza, has less calories and you can eat more…problem solved…

or eat less earlier in the day so you can eat more pizza …

Because I ate half a pizza and it was less calories than a slice at our local pizza place! :)

My hubby is a pizza fanatic and he loved it! I honestly wouldn't have believed it was a cauliflower crust had I of not made it myself!