windows phone app issues

Options
Hello everyone, I am wondering if anyone is having the same problems I am with the Windows Phone app?? Some days it works great, then like today, It loads but when I try to add foods it keeps telling me it cannot find the foods I'm looking for, or just searches so long (I'm talking minutes here) that I give up. I have also noticed that many times I will then go to my iPad or computer and my profile will not show the things I logged in from my phone. This was never an issue with my old phone which was android. Its kinda hard to keep track of my calories when sometimes my phone is my only connection to the internet. I am asking if anyone is having this issue with other then a Windows device, or if they have a Windows device and are seeing the same thing and maybe know how to fix it. Right now I am basically planning my meals ahead of time and logging everything I plan to eat for the day in my iPad in the morning which I know is not accurate. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    It depends on signal strength. My signal can be spotty at times also.
  • EBDY
    EBDY Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been experiencing similar issues since Jan 14 2014. Food journal just says "Loading...". I have a Windows Phone 8 (WP8), and I have spoken to two other MFP members who also have the MFP app on their WP8 and they are experiencing the same issues.

MFP app for the WP8 is not loading food choices, so we are unable to use the food journal.
  • AnneLelin
    AnneLelin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problems since the last update. I have had to uninstall and reinstall a few times. I realized it seems to stop working after I pin it, so this time didn't pin it and I just use the voice command to open it easier. I haven't had a problem since then. Hopefully there will be another update soon that fixes this problem.
  • michail71
    michail71 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sadly, it seems bugs just become permanent features. Happens on android too from what I've heard.
  • angulasalajillo
    Options
    Yup I have the same problems!
    I got fed up and just uninstalled it in the end.
    Using the site on the mobile (which is not very practical with my udder fingers) when I have to, or just writing things down and logging later on on the PC.
    Hope there's a fix soon!
  • michail71
    michail71 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I had a record yesterday. I used the app twice in under an hour before getting the Loading... bug!

I was also experimenting with not pinning the summary at the time. So that theory didn't work out.
  • LizFo
    LizFo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yeah, same issue ever since the update in early January. I've reinstalled the MFP app a few times on my Windows phone but getting fed up!