700 days of logging & still going strong!

Options
I'm not your typical success story, in fact, I'm probably the opposite of what most would consider "normal", but that's what I believe will inspire you. Allow me to eloborate. As I was approaching my 50th birthday, I found myself over 300lbs, type II diabetic, and facing the reality that if I didn't change, my life was likely to end earlier than it should.
I have a congenital hip condition called Femoral Actibular Impingement which limits my mobility and has also caused havoc with my knees (9 surgeries so far), so I am unable to participate in most fitness programs. This lack of exercise and and poor diet contributed to my declining health. I had reached the point that I was about to undergo gastric bypass, thinking that nothing else would work for me, and part of that process was to meet with a dietician to consult on my dietary habits. While I was resistant, I attended these sessions as mandated by my insurance carrier and I'm so glad that I did.
My dietician introduced me to MyFitnessPal and I quickly discovered that using MFP allowed me to see clearly how poorly I was eating and helped me to trim my daily intake and in turn begin to lose wieght. I was able to drop from 305lb down to 215lb, and did it in about 9 months. I have kept the weight off now for over a year using my daily logging to track and monitor my diet & exercize and I've gone from sedentary to now walkng an average of 3 miles a day!. I encourage anyone who is just starting, or thinking that they can't do this to stick with it! The results will come and you'll feel so much better. Hang in there!

Replies

• onedaybeforethenext
    Options
    Great stuff! Keep up the great work!
  • charskii
    Options
    :bigsmile: you are fantastic, you have turned your life around, I don't know you , but I'm so proud of you, people that inspire me are just like you, I would say keep up the hard work, but I know you will so I wont.:bigsmile:
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! You're doing great =).
  • shaunayj
    shaunayj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! Very encouraging story!!!
  • L2HS
    L2HS Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration! Kudos!
  • ChristineRB225
    Options
    You must know how to create a personal exercise database so you can select the exercises you complete each day. I just added the list of all the exercises I do (but not every day obviously) and they all were recorded as if I had done them today. I'm pretty frustrated by this. Please help if you can. Thanks and congratulations on your success.
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep up the good work, you're an inspiration :)
  • jenbehe
    jenbehe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job :).
  • Mandylynne1979
    Mandylynne1979 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    wow that is remarkable! I hope I can reach my goals!
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bless you what a great story. Keep up the great work. I once weighed 275 and at 5'5" I was on chunky little rascal. I did have an intestinal bypass and lost 150 lbs but over the decades have put on a bundle of weight again. When I hit 235 a year and half ago I said enough is enough. I have taken off 32 lbs and want to take off another 50 so I started with the body reset and found MFP.

I am determined and that is what it takes.

You are an inspiration to all here.
  • SouthernPecan
    Options
    Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work.
  • Christine_120
    Options
    You're the reason I love this site! Awesome! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!