Options
    Looks delish! Thanks for posting!
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ladyace0007
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the recipe. Since I tried this "alfredo sauce" made from cauliflower (http://pinchofyum.com/creamy-cauliflower-sauce - soooo good) I've been looking for creative ways to use the stuff.
  • scoutmander
    scoutmander Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this! Thank you for posting the recipe and picture!
  • spruitt417
    spruitt417 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've been making cauflower crust pizza for about a year. I do a Mexican version & a philly cheese steak version. My kids & friends love both. It has become a weekend tradition in my home. About to make one now!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Wow! Really pretty!
    If I eat pizza made from cauliflower, will that mean I will have carbs & calories left over for more cookies or cupcakes? Cause I love me some cupcakes & cookies!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Wow! Really pretty!
    If I eat pizza made from cauliflower, will that mean I will have carbs & calories left over for more cookies or cupcakes? Cause I love me some cupcakes & cookies!

cauliflower pizza is negative calories...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Why? Why does everyone think cauliflower can replace everything?:sick:

Eat the real thing.

:flowerforyou:

because with this you can eat WAAAAAAY more than one piece. I do eat the real thing but when you're 5'2 you just don't get enough calories in the day to eat 3 pieces of pizza.

? make a thin crust pizza, has less calories and you can eat more…problem solved…

or eat less earlier in the day so you can eat more pizza …

Because I ate half a pizza and it was less calories than a slice at our local pizza place! :)

My hubby is a pizza fanatic and he loved it! I honestly wouldn't have believed it was a cauliflower crust had I of not made it myself!

why not just make your own the regular way and it would be less than at the local pizza place…?

I just don't understand the cauliflower substitute for everything clan….makes no sense to me..sorry
  • frankysgurl
    frankysgurl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yum - I haven't made cauliflower pizza in a few years ~ your pics are my inspiration to do it this week :wink:
  • REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to give this a try, thanks!
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Totally used this recipe today. It was better than I expected, but no way a sub for real crust. The perk: I got to eat the whole thing plus beer while watching football today!
  • MacroMiranda
    MacroMiranda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump- YUM
  • fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Can you use frozen cauliflower? I have a couple bags in the freezer and was looking for a way to use them up.

I don't see why not! :) If you do make it with frozen, let me know how it turns out!

I make it with frozen, works really well. In fact, its my dinner plan for tonight, yummo!
  • coachredhead
    coachredhead Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump- looks wonderful. Thanks for the pics.
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend made cauliflower crust cheesy "bread" today. It looked fantastic!!!
  • CarrieR3
    CarrieR3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump thanks for sharing !
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try this again with your recipe. I made one before, but I don't think I cooked the cauliflower long enough or blended it to a creamy enough consistency in the blender. I probably didn't get enough water out of it either. Despite all that it was still okay flavor-wise. Not great, but we ate it and didn't go looking for anything else to eat that day.

I too am back in the cauliflower substitution business after making the Pinch of Yum cauliflower alfredo sauce. It was so good that I'm willing to try the pizza crust again.

Ignore the cauliflower naysayers. You will know when you try it if this will work for you in a satisfying way or if it will not. I'm usually in the "eat the real thing just less" crowd, but in some cases, a little substitution makes life a whole lot better.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • NessaWilde
    NessaWilde Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Saving for later. Sounds yummy :)