Nauseousness

Options
Yay! Lost 3.6 lb in 2 days ;-) But i feel pretty nauseous! Has anyone else felt that way at the beginning stages of their diet?

Also this site and community has been a Great support system so far. I have never had that while dieting before. Hopes are high that i will stick it out this time Thank you all.. Please add for mutual support :-)

Replies

• morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I did in the beginning, I've had stomach problems for years but never really went to the doctors about it. However, I've been eating healthy for 18 days now and haven't had any stomach pain really...only in the beginning.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I actually just stared feeling this way. I noticed water helps some. I think I have a sensitive stomach. My first week felt like the flu. Congrats on losing 3 pounds! Keep up the good work.
  • Allyme123
    Options
    Sorry your not feeling well however i am glad i'm not the only one. Its weird it mainly when i first wake up. Hopefully it will pass after my body adjusts :) Thanks For the help!
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It could be that you're not eating enough (can't see your diary) or your body isn't used to it yet. I used to get severe migraines that would make me sick to my stomach when I started eating healthier the first time I lost weight. I hope you feel better soon!
  • Allyme123
    Options
    I feel much better now it was just the waking up process that dragged a little :)
  • AMHA32
    AMHA32 Posts: 23
    Options
    I feel that way if I chug a glass of water first in the morning. Something about lots of water + empty stomach makes me feel sick. It goes away quickly though.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    If you have made major changes this can upset you equilibrium for a while. Make sure you are eating enough, starting out you can be too enthusiastic.

All the best
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    When I was young and naive in undergrad I didn't realize I needed to eat a minimum amount of calories. After about three days of 300-500 calories per day I couldn't get out of bed to go to class because I was so nauseated and light-headed. Point: Make sure you're not eating at too much of a deficit.