3 square meals?

Options
Out of curiosity what meal frequency do you find works best for you? Do you eat 3 meals a day with no snacking in between meals, or do you like to include small snacks between meals?

Replies

• dmzf
    dmzf Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Snacks in between for me. I feel better, eat smaller meals and my metabolism is always burning those calories.
  • jillymurdoch
    jillymurdoch Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When I eat smaller meals/snacking more frequently, I find I'm always in a state of hunger/thinking about food all day and into the night. If I eat a big breakfast with carbs, fats, and proteins, I can make it to early afternoon before really being hungry for lunch. For example, I had a big brown rice and beans bowl with avocado for breakfast the other day at 9:00am and it was 2pm before I got the rumbles. Then another "big" lunch ties me over until dinner, at which point I didn't want anything big - a salad or soup is fine. But lately I've been eating 4-6 smaller meals/snacks a day, and I'm hungry all day... which makes me think about food... which makes it harder not to give into cravings/overeat/snack.

The exception: after a good workout, I'm hungry regardless.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 main meals and 3 snacks a day. I am a diabetic and they say that is what you should do to keep your blood sugars in line. I have been doing this for a year now and the weight is coming off. I have an open food diary if you want to take a peek. I also eat very healthy (good rounded diary)
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    It varies. If I eat breakfast, it's usually pretty small. I like two big meals a day, but I graze some in between.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I eat three meals and I snack all day. I love food.
  • drkdani
    Options
    You have to eat in between--You have to feed your body every 2-3 hours even if it is just peanuts or something.
  • katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It depends for me! Sometimes I am so busy I am good to get in three good meals...sometimes I just snack all day! I prefer eating three meals, though. I have seen people argue either way. Do what works for you! :wink:
  • anastasiasmirror
    Options
    I have to always eat snacks, or i get too hungry and end up either not finishing my calorie goal, or i eat too much at night..
  • NiikouruDesu
    Options
    I like to eat 2 or 3 large meals. Its so much easier and satisfying.
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    3-4 meals per day with no snacking. I find I'm never truly sated on small meals and that I wind up obsessing about food, overall i wind up eating more. If i get peckish between meals I have a black coffee
  • triggerhappy78
    Options
    I think you just need to find what works best for you. Everyone's different.... it'll depend on your metabolism too. Breakfast & lunch is more important for me. I prefer to have a smaller meal, sometimes even just some nice homemade soup, at dinner time rather than a proper dinner. Other people need 3 meals others eat 6 small meals, wherever you find a good balance is what's right for you... you don't want to eat over your calorie goal but you don't want to feel constantly hungry or you'll just start craving the wrong things. Take time to experiment with what's good for you. Good luck :-)
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    It varies from day to day. I work different days and different hours, and its up, down and all around. I had my breakfast at 8 am and then my lunch at 4, because that is when they would let me go to lunch. I ended up having to snack around 1 pm because I had a bad feeling I was going to go to lunch super late. Now today I will have my dinner at 8 or 9 pm :( Trying to think of what I even want to eat.

Usually I eat 3 meals a day plus 1 snack. That's the standard haha.