Bummer: Sort of

Options
Okay, I know this is a little ridiculous to be bummed out about this but at the same time I can't help myself. I have a wedding to go to in June and I just realized that even if I lose two pounds a week every week between now and then I still won't be where I will be small enough to wear the type of dress I'd like to wear (comfortably). CRAP! -but I do have sense enough to know that I will still be in a lot better shape by then. The bright side of it to is that if I lose that much weight people won't recognize me. :laugh:

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    What kind of dress are you wanting to wear? As long as it comes in your size and flatters your shape, I don't see how you can't rock it anyway!
  • 10x1014
    10x1014 Posts: 18
    Options
    The last time I wore a dress it wasn't good. I was asked if I was pregnant, and I thought I looked good prior to that comment. So, I wanted to be thin enough to be confidant that no matter what I wore I wouldn't get asked that. I like a dress w/ a flow to it and those tend to make me look pregnant if I have any weight on me at all.
  • Amiwil
    Amiwil Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wear an A line dress. Also, that person was *kitten*! Excuse my French.

If you're a large girl like me, fear not, you will lose quicker than 2 lbs a week because you have so much excess. I've been dieting since the first and only exercised a week so far and I'm down 16.6 lbs. I don't eat my workout cals and I try to adhere to ALL the goals set under nutrition.
  • 10x1014
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • blanphere
    blanphere Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If you are working out regularly, and doing some strength training, then you are not only going to lose weight, but you are also going to tone and build muscle. You scale won't necessarily reflect inches lost - so a dress you think might not fit because of your scale weight, might actually look better! When I have an event that I need to attend that's fancy and I want to wear something special, I get that something special and try it on every week to track my progress. Maybe that will help! Keep that dress where you can see it every day - it will motivate you to stay on track. If you get to the date and the dress doesn't work, then at least you will know you tired your hardest. Just remember - the scale isn't everything! And what people think of you doesn't matter - it's how you feel about yourself. If you are confident and proud - it won't matter what you wear, that's what people will see.
  • tkantara
    Options
    You coukd also try something maybe with a v line- cleavage and those that are tight just under the chest and open slightly. And as for the idiot who made the comment you should have told him/her to get lost (while smiling)
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This is a long video and pretty sensational (it's "news"), but if you've got time, watch the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDaYa0AB8TQ

I'm posting it NOT because I'm anti sugar, but because the wife in the video does not lose as much weight as her husband in 3 weeks, but she loses 5 inches. Five inches! That's huge!

My point is that you shouldn't only pay attention to a scale. You're going to lose inches, too--and that's what really counts. Throw in some weight lifting and you'll be even slimmer.
  • 10x1014
    Options
    Thanks!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Still, keep losing the weight.