Sports Bra

Options
I don't have a whole lot of extra money right now but I was wondering where I could buy a good sports bra for a decent/low price. I wear a 40d in regular bras. I have one from when I weighed 155lbs (I'm back at 185) but even then I was constantly adjusting because I was falling out of the top. Do I buy one that is max coverage? Smaller size/larger size? I'm lost lol.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I buy the sports bras at Target made by Champion... in XL. I'm about the same cup size as you. I've never had to adjust them and they're comfortable. You can get them for like $16.99 or so, less if on sale.
  • nmanly2014
    nmanly2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40DD and had trouble finding a sports bra with enough support. I found a Champion Sports Bra Shape Performance Maximum-Impact - 6843 bra at Kohl's that has lots of support and doesn't ride up. I paid full price (had to have it right then) but if you wait for a sale it is reasonable.It's really durable and has lasted a long time. Unlike most sports bras, this one comes in specific sizes instead of S-M-L-XL
  • daniicaliforniaa93
    Options
    Champion is a great brand, I'm only a 36C, but if you don't like that brand just make sure you look for one that says 'high impact'. I wear 2 of the cheap ones and it greatly reduces 'bounce' lol. Good luck!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Honestly, being that big I would just save up and buy a good quality sports bra. I have two, both from Victoria's Secret that are freakin amazing and comfortable on my 32 DDDs.

Until I saved up for those bras I was either using 2 bras (reg bra over sports bra), or one from Target, which wasn't too supportive but was better than nothing.

Also, I suggest getting fitted for your bra size, you wouldn't believe how many women are wearing the wrong bra! That's what I did, several times just to make sure. And the difference it makes....so awesome!
  • lclemur
    lclemur Posts: 11
    Options
    And they had 40D? I can't wear XL, just not large enough! Did you notice whether they had 42s?
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    If you want something decent you're looking at at least $50. Victoria's secret has some good ones. It's where I go. :)
  • VNJohnson
    VNJohnson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort
  • misskris78
    misskris78 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think Moving Comfort is hands down the best for well endowed gals, but it's often hard to justify $75 on a sports bra. As a close second, look and see if there is a Champion outlet near you. They have some great options for $30 or less. Target is ok, but I find that the selection is more suitable for smaller gals.
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I get extreme impact from danskin $12 at walmart worked when I was a 38d now down to 36d. I do zumba and jogging in them with no problem. I wont spend a lot of money on something that when I lose 20 -30 lb I will just have to adjust size when I get to my goal weight I might invest in some more pricey ones.
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info! I want to start running so I think the high-impact would be my best bet. :)
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I use 'Nike' sports bras! And I buy them in sports direct (uk shop)! They're around £9 and brilliant! Do international delivery aswell of your not in uk x
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Champion bras are awesome!!! I used to be a 38D and they were amazing!
  • roz250
    roz250 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm a 40D and have had great luck with the Danskin bras from Walmart. Make sure you get the high/maximum impact and it'll keep the girls in check. They seem to last about 9-10 months with running everyday, or a year+ for lifting.
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have various ones from Target and H&M, both around 10 dollars and have lasted me well over a year!
    Also, not sure how you feel about buying bras there, but I've got some decent ones at thrift stores for a little over 2 dollars. ;)
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Target just started carrying more high impact sports bras- if you have the cartwheel app they're 40% off today!
  • heatherlynnc123
    Options
    I currently have an UnderArmour Women's Armour Bra. Love it !

It was the most expensive bra I've ever bought but it is effective. I need a new one and might switch to a Champion, depending on the prices at the outlets. That first one was bought in a rush as I started the C25K program and after sitting on the couch after the first day, holding my chest almost in tears, I set out to find a good high impact bra.
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner and I've never found a bra I like more than Enell. Keeps the girls in place without feeling restrictive or bulky. The only downside is that they are expensive but I get new ones twice a year when my running store does a buy one, get one 1/2 off.

Worth every penny, in my opinion.