Encouragement wanted - plenty to give back :)

Options
Hi

I am an emotional eater. I did ok here for a few weeks in November and then had a personal setback. My problem is that I love sugar but, when I have a chocolate bar, I might go on a binge for thousands of calories. I'm quite tempted to go to Overeaters Anonymous because I think of myself as a food addict. But I don't really think it does me much good to think in those negative terms. I'm hard enough on myself already! :)

I know that My Fitness Pal is the answer. As long as I'm aware of my intake and I have an intention to change then I do believe I will lose weight.

I am 39 and have been borderline obese for most of my life apart from a glorious year or two in my mid-30s when Weightwatchers worked for me. Unfortunately it doesn't any more.

Anyway - do please follow me if you feel you could encourage me. I have kept my food diary open so that I feel accountable.

I'm pretty good at encouraging people back!

Regards
Rick

Replies

• lafilledelarue
    lafilledelarue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sending you a private email message regarding some of your concerns. Hang in there! :-)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I give plenty of encouragement. Check out my profile and friend me if you want.
  • dettles
    dettles Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I need all the encouragement I can get too! Life gets in the way and makes hurdles difficult, but with being accountable to someone it helps to stay on track. I'd love to help you along too! :)
  • Travko
    Travko Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, Rich (and anyone else). While our reasons for being here may all be different, we all need support.
  • Mobyd333
    Options
    Keep going mate. I know it's difficult. I can go the same way when it comes to chocolate and cake. Just keep going and remind yourself of the goal when temptation is in the way.
  • ElleSinclair82
    ElleSinclair82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Everything you listed sounds incredibly familiar but I know that with a little encouragement, you will feel stronger in time and eventually you're control of calories in will empower you. For me, it's the being in control that matters, the more in control i feel, the better choices i make. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Emotional eating can be tough to work with but I think most of us have been there at some point or another. I personally have found that I just naturally started doing it less and less the more healthy habits I developed, just another part of my life becoming less about food I guess. Best of luck and feel free to add me if you want :)
  • DawnMarie1970
    DawnMarie1970 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have added you. Together we can do this!!!!!!!!
  • denny712
    denny712 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Richard! I can identify with many of your struggles. For a long time when I was upset the first thing that popped into my head was "I need ice cream", or cookies, or cake, or any other fatty carb. It took me a long time and a lot of positive self talk to break that cycle. The great part about MFP is that we're all here to help and support each other! Feel free to add me, I'm a great cheerleader! You've taken the first step in reaching out to others and that is awesome!
  • therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me Richard, we're all here to help!

If anyone else wants to add me, please do. I started MFP only last week and I'm eager to meet new people and share ideas!

Plus I'm super chatty ;0

Best,
    BD
  • NewMe_JessicaT
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Jessica and I'm new yo MFP and could use encouragement and support, so please feel free to add me, the more friends the better! Thanks!
  • dannipax
    Options
    Wow all of you are amazing for even starting this journey! Im new on here but have been working hard this past year to lose the unwanted lbs! Had a few set backs but feel like Im in the home stretch now!!! Ive started a facebook page to motivate and encourage others to start that journey and its made me feel like I can make a difference! I Keep up the AWESOME work ladies and gents!