Tendonitis

Options
RhineDHP
RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
I have a problem with always getting tendonitis in my wrists. This makes it very difficult to do any arm work or heck, even back work (since you have to lift up the barbells) since any kind of pulling, pushing or weight on my hands causes pain.

I was just wondering if anyone else suffers from problems like this, and what they do to manage. I mean, Its not like your knees and back right? Where you can develop the muscles around it to compensate and support? Or am I wrong in that? Most of the time I wear a brace until the pain goes away, but sooner or later, at least once a month, I'll be doing something and them put weight on it and a stab of pain shoots up my wrist.

Replies

• RhineDHP
    Options
    any takers?
  • dwbees
    dwbees Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I get tendinitis in my left elbow pretty bad, seems to last a couple of months and go away.
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I used to get it in my arm but haven't in a few years fortunately. Cortisone Injections suck.
  • RhineDHP
    Options
    Eesh........cortisone injection? Man, thought that was only for knees. And for you who has tendonitis for months? OUCH I feel for you!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I would see a physical therapist to get it assessed and to learn corrective exercises.

What do you think caused it?
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Nope, I've had it a couple times in the past.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I have it tendonitis through out my body nearly all the time do to a disease. Its pretty rough. Taking a break for certain exercises and lowering the weight when you start up is a must at times for me. Also make sure you check your form of your lifts, it can really help prevent it in the first place.

I've had cortisone shots for knees, elbows, wrists, and fingers. It does help, but I try to use them as a last resort.

Good luck.