Options
Hello,

I am a 43 year old divorced mother of 2 kids that are grown and married and in the Airforce. I have just recently got engaged and our wedding is June 4th 2011. I have always been heavy I way 238 pounds and want to be thin and feel good about myself. I want to walk down that aisle and have people say Wow look at her she looks great. Weightloss has always been a struggle for me and I am hoping after joining this program it will work. I have read some of people stories on here and they are so inspiring and i hope i can do just as good.

Replies

• bleem108
    bleem108 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You can do it, just gotta stick to it and remember your goals!
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely do it. Writing everything down in a format like this is the best way to stay on track. Let me know if I can help in anyway. I'm cheering you one. :flowerforyou:
  • maffu00
    Options
    I started my new life, as I like to call it, just 5 days ago. I have tried to lose weight in the past, but I wouldn't change my eating habits and I didn't like to exercise. Things are different this time though, I learned that I can still eat pretty much what I was eating before, just not as much and not as often. I have also found a way to exercise that is just pure bliss to me, jump roping. Only after 5 days, I have lost 4 pounds, and feel 10000% better than I have in my whole life.

First and foremost, you must believe in yourself. If you have any doubts, its not going to stick. Try to find a way to exercise that doesn't even feel like exercise, like if you have a dog, chase it around the house, or play fetch. If you watch tv, during commercials, stand up and jog in place, do jumping jacks, anything to get your heart rate going, even just a tiny bit is better than nothing. Experts say that three 15 minute workouts throughout the day are just as good as a 45 minute workout.

If you believe in yourself, and put your mind to it, there isn't anything you can't do :)
    Good luck, and best of wishes :)
  • Carol_can_do_it
    Options
    Welcome! I know you will be successful here!