New from Oregon

Options
I've gained 55 lbs over the past five years and I'm so ready to loose it. My new years resolution is not to loose the weight, but not to buy any unhealthy junk food. My short term goals are to drink 1/2 my weight in water (I weight 195/2=97.5 oz) of water daily and to eat at least two to three pieces of fruit and vegie a week and walk 30 minutes a day for a month. Hopefully this will become the norm and I'll be able to increase my H2O and fruits and vegies intake and increase my excersice regiment. My long term goal is to get back into a size 8 jean and feel good about myself. I haven't looked in a mirror for 4 years now except from the neck up. I'm ashamed, embarrased, and angry with myself for letting myself get to this point. I blame it on depression. Since 2002 I lost my husband, father, brother, mother, my adopted dad and brother. I can't do anything for those I lost except to keep them in my heart, remember them. its time to get of the pity pot and move on with my life and it starts today.

Replies

• Tommiejo
    Options
    I've gained 55 lbs over the past five years and I'm so ready to loose it. My new years resolution is not to loose the weight, but not to buy any unhealthy junk food. My short term goals are to drink 1/2 my weight in water (I weight 195/2=97.5 oz) of water daily and to eat at least two to three pieces of fruit and vegie a week and walk 30 minutes a day for a month. Hopefully this will become the norm and I'll be able to increase my H2O and fruits and vegies intake and increase my excersice regiment. My long term goal is to get back into a size 8 jean and feel good about myself. I haven't looked in a mirror for 4 years now except from the neck up. I'm ashamed, embarrased, and angry with myself for letting myself get to this point. I blame it on depression. Since 2002 I lost my husband, father, brother, mother, my adopted dad and brother. I can't do anything for those I lost except to keep them in my heart, remember them. its time to get of the pity pot and move on with my life and it starts today.
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hey Tommiejo,
    You hang in there. You had a lot of majour life crises in a short period of time. Of course it through you for a loop. You have great goals. You've found good people here who will uphold you, pray for you, root for your and encourage you.
    From a fellow Oregonian who has nearly fifty pounds to lose...I'm here if you need me.
    Cowboy
  • betterme
    betterme Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can't do anything for those I lost except to keep them in my heart, remember them. its time to get of the pity pot and move on with my life and it starts today.

You are an inspiration! What an awesome attitude and I am so impressed by you! You will do it! :happy: