Dizzy and headache

Options
Is it normal to feel a little dizzy and have a light headache after circuit training or cardio? It doesn't happen if I walk, but it does if I do any cardio workout, circuit training, and sometimes when I ride the stationary bike.

I have a good diet (putting in the good stuff), and I drink between 64 to 96 ounces of water per day.

I feel great during the workout, and great afterwards, but about 15 minutes after the workout, I get a little dizzy and the start of a dull headache begins.

Any suggestions here?

Replies

• bkjk997
    bkjk997 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    How's your blood pressure? I've always had low BP and my mom (who is a nurse) says my dizziness is likely low blood pressure. Mine happens about half-way in on occasion, not every time (Burpees, Mountain Climbers and Up-Downs seem to really get me).

Does it make a difference if you eat before you workout?

You may want to see a doctor, just to double check things.
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If it's not a medical issue check out the timing of your meals before and after working out. I was having a problem sort of like this with running and it's resolved since I have a glass of 2% milk with a scoop of protein powder as soon as I get home. You could need electrolyte replacement.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Are you netting enough calories?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    How's your blood pressure? I've always had low BP and my mom (who is a nurse) says my dizziness is likely low blood pressure. Mine happens about half-way in on occasion, not every time (Burpees, Mountain Climbers and Up-Downs seem to really get me).

Does it make a difference if you eat before you workout?

You may want to see a doctor, just to double check things.

this for me...If I don't drink enough water or if I let myself get too hungry wham...my blood pressure is around 90/60 normally.

It's been so bad that I've actually had to lay down on the kitchen floor or my husband has to hold me up...

I have had to make sure I eat before I work out, my dinner if I am doing circuit training wait 30-45mins or a light snack before weights...and I make sure I drink my water.
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would say blood pressure as well...Anytime I stand up quickly, and it is already low, I feel weak dizzy feeling for a second! It wouldn't hurt to also check iron levels...
  • traciz78
    traciz78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever had issues with blood pressure before, always been good even though I'm obese. However, I haven't checked it in awhile, and the last 2 weeks, throughout the day, my face will turn blood red and burn like nobody's business.

Thanks for the suggestions, here. I will check my blood pressure for starters. I thought I was doing ok with my eating before and after, but probably needs adjustment.
    Thanks again
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have issues with dizziness/headaches as well. Mine are not necessarily exercise related, but can spike with exercise. People suggested an iron supplement for me (because I'm a veg)... When I talked to the doc, though, he said it's probably just my nerve getting pinched slightly in my neck (I've had back/neck issues since I was 4). Anyway, he said the impact from exercise could be putting just a little more pressure on that nerve and suggested I go get an alignment.

I hope things work out for you soon!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever had issues with blood pressure before, always been good even though I'm obese. However, I haven't checked it in awhile, and the last 2 weeks, throughout the day, my face will turn blood red and burn like nobody's business.

Thanks for the suggestions, here. I will check my blood pressure for starters. I thought I was doing ok with my eating before and after, but probably needs adjustment.
    Thanks again

It's really best to go seek medical advice for this....make an appointment with your doctor :smile: