How long until you noticed?

Options
How long until you noticed serious visible progress in the mirror?

I'm at this (for the 2nd time!) since 1st Jan and can already see some changes. But I'm greedy and impatient and I want more!!!! How long did it take you?

Replies

• lmd_1979
    lmd_1979 Posts: 130
    Options
    I don't go by looking in the mirror, I go by how I feel in my clothes, alot of my tops are a bit baggy for me now because they are stretched and my jeans are a bit baggy around the waist.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I started MFP at 262 and really SAW progress around 240 lb. So after losing 22 lb.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    for me it was about 25-30 lbs
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I didn't "see" it. I noticed all of a sudden, my pants kept falling off. I had to get some new pants at 40 pounds. Other people started noticing right around then as well.
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    For me, it was somewhere around 25lbs lost. I caught my reflection in a window while walking into a store and had to do a double take.
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to see it soon. My clothes are looser and I have gone down a pants size, so ignoring the scale I know I am smaller, but other than a maybe slightly smaller stomach I can't see it at all.
  • pinklemonayde530
    pinklemonayde530 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think it was around 20-25lbs when I first noticed. I didn't "see" it but felt it when I stepped on the scale. All of the sudden I noticed that I didn't have to push my thighs together when I stepped on my scale :laugh:
  • lisamlucas82
    Options
    A solid 20 pounds and I was down a size. So... 20 pounds for me :)
  • GretaReina
    Options
    i am 5 foot 1, so on my frame i started noticing after about 8 pounds.
  • bridgieNZ
    bridgieNZ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Starting at 135kg (197lb) so for me I started feeling good about the loss & baggy clothes around 10kg (22lb) but I didn't really get it until saw a photo in someone else's facebook of me in a group photo (15kg 33lb down) I had to zoom in and look at the face in to be sure it was me as I was standing side on and my silhouette had changed . kinda of a wow moment for me.

I'm a i want it now girl but that's probably why I had such a problem in the first place :happy:

All the little mile stones can seem small but keep at it, they soon add up
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I think it's really cool that so many of us in this thread said between 20-25 lb is when we started to notice a difference!! Wow.
  • miladymarathoner
    miladymarathoner Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am just starting to notice looking different at a loss of 9 pounds. I am short, so this amounts to 2 sizes on me.

I lose 1 size for every 5 lbs, mas o menos.

I know that I start to look really different about 4 lbs lower than I am now. I have been there before and it's a huge difference. When my boobs start to evaporate, then I know I'm really looking different. That's when my friends usually comment.