1600 Calories Per Day for 1kg Weight Loss Per Week??

Options
Hello,

6t 18, yr old female SW 242 Pounds (110kgs). Just started MFP Today again from being inactive for a few months. It says I should be eating 1600 calories a day in order to lose 1kg per week. Is my deficit already built? Does that mean I would be eating 2600 to maintain my weight that seems like alot. i'm so confused

Do I just eat the 1600 Calories, trusting MFP calculations or is it wrong?
I do 3 hours of exercise 6 days per week. 1 hours Jogging/sprinting 1 hours power walking, 30 minutes Elliptical 30 minutes bicycle all intense.

Sorry for sounding sily but can someone plese break it down simply

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    You have it right, yes.

Also: damn, that's a lot of exercise.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right to me. MFP deducts the cals required to lose whatever goal you entered. It may seem high, but you are doing a lot of exercise.
  • GeordieRover
    GeordieRover Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow , you must be burning approx 2,000 calories per day , doing all that exercise , I do approx 80 to 120 minutes per day, of moderate to vigorous exercise bike activity, burning from 880 to 1400 calories per day .
    Iam 229ibs, 5ft 8 49 years old male, the app says my net calories should be approx 1390 calories, to lose 2ibs per week, normally I net approx 700 calories.
    Lost 4ibs since joining last Wednesday
    With all your exercise you, be able to lose 1kg a week very easily.
  • charlieibeling
    charlieibeling Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Don't be in a hurry and rush into your main diet. MFP has no way to know what your maintanence is, it can only guess. 2600 is too high, thats just a little under mine. I start everyone at 2000 and tell them to be very diligent in logging and hitting about 2000 calories from good sources. If after about 10 days there is no change you can assume that 2000 is about your maintanence and deduct about 500.

So in short, I recommend logging in 10 days at 2000 and see if your weight changes