what finally helped you get a flat belly?

Options
I'm getting so fustrated with this spare tire, and don't know what else to do.. I'm doing the 30 day shred and I know that won't be the only way, so I am gonna continueworking outeven after 30 days. I read here that heavy lifting helped a lot of woman, but is that the only way? I try to have a deficit but usually go over about 150 or so

Replies

• seamonsterr
    Options
    Eating healthy clean unprocessed whole foods is the only thing that worked for me.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy has done amazing things for my belly. Almost 3 inches off since I've started. I'm on week 7 of Stronglifts.
    Oh and I eat loads of fat and not a clean eater by any means :laugh:

ETA: I do eat a 15% deficit as well. However body composition has been drastically affected by lifting.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Written by me (a female who had two kids and now has a flat stomach/visible abs)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • Phill2488
    Phill2488 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting, cardio and lots of patience
  • I lost 55 pounds to 145 pounds, was really skinny with a flabby tire around my waist. What helped me were posts like by birdiecs above - lifting!! I got a pair of dumbells and did free weights with those 5 min each day, that's it. After 3 months the tire was gone and abs are showing. I did 0 sit ups.
    It's ironic I can't do a sit up but I have these abs showing ha ha.
    Patience it took a few months but the recomposition results are worth it.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Written by me (a female who had two kids and now has a flat stomach/visible abs)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

Best advice ever! Thank you for writing this :flowerforyou:
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm getting so fustrated with this spare tire, and don't know what else to do.. I'm doing the 30 day shred and I know that won't be the only way, so I am gonna continueworking outeven after 30 days. I read here that heavy lifting helped a lot of woman, but is that the only way? I try to have a deficit but usually go over about 150 or so

You're not going to lose fat if you're going over on your calories. If you're usually going over, you're going to start gaining weight.

Basically you're doing the opposite of what you need to be doing.
  • gossipkween
    gossipkween Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I lost 55 pounds to 145 pounds, was really skinny with a flabby tire around my waist. What helped me were posts like by birdiecs above - lifting!! I got a pair of dumbells and did free weights with those 5 min each day, that's it. After 3 months the tire was gone and abs are showing. I did 0 sit ups.
    It's ironic I can't do a sit up but I have these abs showing ha ha.

this gives me hope! im at pretty low weight but cannot get rid my tummy! i use weight machines but tacked on free weights this week. hopefully this helps!
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    so i guess heavy lifting is the only way?