Any college students?

Options
Hey I'm back on MFP, I've been back for a few days now and need some motivation! There is free food EVERYWHERE on campus! So many temptations! I've already made it down 17 pounds since last year, but I still have a long way to go. I could use the encouragement, especially since I see everyone else gaining the freshman fifteen...

Replies

• mariecurie88
    mariecurie88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I hear you, about the free food! Any event on campus is either pizza, candy, or whatever else! My campus is always saying it's the "healthiest campus" but they always seem to supply cookies, doughnuts, and pizza nearly everyday! I love free, but it's so tempting!!!

I'll be happy to help out. I know this time of year is tough to battle for a machine at the gym too.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I just graduated college this December with my Bachelors but I am returning to school next week :)

Anyone is free to add me!
  • oiypus
    oiypus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in my last semester of college and eating clean sure is challenging! Feel free to add me!
  • pandapeters
    Options
    This is the same reason I'm starting to lose weight, I gained all the freshers pounds, and need to be rid of them! Add me if you'd like :)
  • austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only college student/former college student on here! Thanks for the encouragement guys :)
  • iwtfytj
    iwtfytj Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am a law student...so sort of a college student! Lol. I'm in my second year. It's always hard to lose weight at school, because food is everywhere. At my law school, whenever they bring in special guest lecturers, have club meetings, etc. there is ALWAYS free pizza. That is so hard to say no to. I bring my lunch to school with me though, which helps me with the temptations! I went to a VERY large university for undergrad, where there were places to buy food EVERYWHERE, and you just have to keep on walking. My biggest hurdle is that I stress eat, so I always hit a bump around exam time. Good luck with your weight loss! Just gotta keep the resolve strong!
  • taylormoooon
    taylormoooon Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Me! Feel free to add me!
  • DonaldChadDavis
    DonaldChadDavis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just keep up with what you eat. If you have to eat junk food, don't make it a habit.
  • Kiayaxo
    Kiayaxo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in my last year doing architecture, I find it easier when I'm at uni because I can control my diet
  • LizzieGirl14
    LizzieGirl14 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a student for veterinary medicine. :) Due to moving and having to deal with residency crap when I moved from Texas back home to California, I'm just finishing my prerequisites to transfer to the vet tech program. I always said if I decide to go on to a 4-year (got my heart set on UC, Davis!) I'd never live on campus because of all the horror stories of weight gain! One of the vets I worked for in TX gained 30 lbs during her schooling. Good for you to avoid temptation! My own will power lacks! I'd be, "free food? Ok!" Lol Good luck to all the students! Feel free to add me!
  • rachellaurain
    Options
    I'm a 20 yr old college junior trying to lose almost 20 lbs. Add me :)
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm new to college after 14 years. Just started this week, doing all mine on line. Just taking two classes while working full time with a house to keep running and having a two year old, I could use some fellow college students, preferably ones that lift weights, as friends!
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm a grad student - so I feel you on the free food! Every seminar we go to has free coffee, soda, & sweets available. Definitely a challenge! You can add me!
  • fatnomore201220132014
    Options
    I'm finishing up my bachelors in the next six months and hopefully moving on to grad school in the fall so I'll be a college student for quite some time.
    I want to drop about 60 pounds before I begin grad school.

Anyone, feel free to add me! :)
  • GeekyKellie
    Options
    Me! I'm actually just going back to college after a long break; I started back part time last week. I'm working on a BBA in Information Systems Management. College work can be so stressful, especially now that I have a full-time job to go along with it. It's hard not to eat all the time.

My goal is to stop emotional/stress eating and lose 25 lbs :) . I'd love to lose it all this year, but if that doesn't happen, I just want to be moving in the right direction!
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey, my story is similar to most people who have replied - I'm in my last semester of my undergrad, going on to grad school.. trying to lose the weight gained in the last four years and a few years prior to that - so about 20 lbs from where I'm at right now! Anyone on here feel free to add me.
  • austinsneeze
    Options
    I am a law student...so sort of a college student! Lol. I'm in my second year. It's always hard to lose weight at school, because food is everywhere. At my law school, whenever they bring in special guest lecturers, have club meetings, etc. there is ALWAYS free pizza. That is so hard to say no to. I bring my lunch to school with me though, which helps me with the temptations! I went to a VERY large university for undergrad, where there were places to buy food EVERYWHERE, and you just have to keep on walking. My biggest hurdle is that I stress eat, so I always hit a bump around exam time. Good luck with your weight loss! Just gotta keep the resolve strong!

I hear you! There's always "light beverages and finger food" added to the agenda... Good luck with yours, too! Emotional eating is how I gained so much in the first place. Recently I've been doing some research on how to deal with stress in a healthier way (because eating a gallon of chocolate chunk ice cream isn't exactly ideal) and I read that running is one of the biggest stress relievers. I've started to run, even for like 20 minutes a day, just to relieve stress.
  • austinsneeze
    Options
    I'm in my last year doing architecture, I find it easier when I'm at uni because I can control my diet

How so? That's really awesome!
  • austinsneeze
    Options
    I'm finishing up my bachelors in the next six months and hopefully moving on to grad school in the fall so I'll be a college student for quite some time.
    I want to drop about 60 pounds before I begin grad school.

Anyone, feel free to add me! :)

That's an awesome goal!! You can so do that!!!
  • austinsneeze
    Options
    Me! I'm actually just going back to college after a long break; I started back part time last week. I'm working on a BBA in Information Systems Management. College work can be so stressful, especially now that I have a full-time job to go along with it. It's hard not to eat all the time.

My goal is to stop emotional/stress eating and lose 25 lbs :) . I'd love to lose it all this year, but if that doesn't happen, I just want to be moving in the right direction!

It's SO hard not to eat all the time. Kudos for you for wanting to move in the right direction! How are you wanting to lose the 25lbs? Cutting back on sweets and junk food, or just not binge eating when the stress kicks in?