Polar FT60 HRM weight loss setting

Options
Hi! I see a lot of postings and reviews on the Polar FT60 HRM but I'd like to hear from ladies who have been using the women's version on the weight loss training setting.

I just got my FT60 today an set it up. I've selected the "weight loss setting" and noticed it has a little zone one but mostly zone two. I'm just wanting to her feedback from people who have used their settings and what the results were. Were you happy with the settings, did you lose weight, did you need to tweak the zones, ect???

Also did anyone wear there's in the pool with the strap it came with?

Thanks in advance for any info getting started!!

Replies

• texanintokyo
    texanintokyo Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Really? No one?
  • petahamilton30
    Options
    I'm not sure if this will help but I've got the FT4 and had to manually set the maximum heart rate to 220 - your age.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I have the FT80... you can wear it in the pool but do not press the buttons while submerged... just wear it...if you need to change, get out of the water to do it
  • texanintokyo
    Options
    Thanks. I wore it for swimming last night and for water aerobic this morning with the strap it came with and it worked great. I'm so glad I got it because I was way over calculating my calorie burn!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    The main reason you might have to "tweak" the zones is if your max heart rate doesn't fit the age-based formula used to predict max heart rate. Otherwise, the "plan" should work as well as any other.
  • texanintokyo
    Options
    I hate to sound like an idiot here but how will I know if I need to do that or not?
  • elbz41
    Options
    Thanks. I wore it for swimming last night and for water aerobic this morning with the strap it came with and it worked great. I'm so glad I got it because I was way over calculating my calorie burn!

Actually, you won't get a proper reading if you are using the strap that it comes with. It's very misleading :(

While it's true that the watch is waterproof (to a depth of some metres, and as long as you don't press the buttons underwater), the strap that comes as standard will not be able to transmit the signal properly leaving you with a completely inaccurate count

If you actually want to use the polar in the pool to give you accurate training feedback then you need to purchase the t31-coded transmitter. It's a completely sealed unit, from the looks of it and is designed for swimming use. Once the season comes around again i will be looking to buy one myself.

It's a p.i.t.a to have to pay out even more (on top of the flowlink), but if pool workouts are part of your training then it is going to be pretty worthwhile. The drawback with the design is that the battery is not replaceable....AT ALL !! Once the battery dies the unit is effectively dead :( However, it is rated at 2500 hours, so even if you use it an hour a day, every day, you will still get over 6 years of use :)

http://www.polar.com/us-en/products/accessories/T31_coded_Transmitter

good luck
  • texanintokyo
    Options

Actually, you won't get a proper reading if you are using the strap that it comes with. It's very misleading :(

While it's true that the watch is waterproof (to a depth of some metres, and as long as you don't press the buttons underwater), the strap that comes as standard will not be able to transmit the signal properly leaving you with a completely inaccurate count

If you actually want to use the polar in the pool to give you accurate training feedback then you need to purchase the t31-coded transmitter. It's a completely sealed unit, from the looks of it and is designed for swimming use. Once the season comes around again i will be looking to buy one myself.

It's a p.i.t.a to have to pay out even more (on top of the flowlink), but if pool workouts are part of your training then it is going to be pretty worthwhile. The drawback with the design is that the battery is not replaceable....AT ALL !! Once the battery dies the unit is effectively dead :( However, it is rated at 2500 hours, so even if you use it an hour a day, every day, you will still get over 6 years of use :)

http://www.polar.com/us-en/products/accessories/T31_coded_Transmitter

good luck
    Thanks. I've been using it for a couple of months with the strap it came with and it's working great. I'm big busted so I've been securing it under "the girls" which seems to keep it in place. My only complaint is the the band is wearing out a bit around the hook but the readings are great.
  • daaimah123
    daaimah123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    any update on your luck with the setting?
  • texanintokyo
    Options
    any update on your luck with the setting?

I've been using the strap that it came with and the suggested settings and I am very happy with it. I haven't needed to purchase the alternate strap and plenty of other people at my gym are using the one it came with as well.

I may buy the other one when this one wears out but for now I'm happy.