PEOPLE you meet at the gym

met a gorilla named John. He grunts like one and looks like one.

Smells worse than one too.

Hi John

Replies

• steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    I had Half-reper Harry with me the other day, jumping in, doing squats with me.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Haha. I just thought to share. I was in a cute little Pilates class with some nice music going. All of a sudden we hear LOUD grounding on the other side of the closed door. We start giggling and someone is like we should grunt too. Pilates is fun
  • steve0820
    Haha. I just thought to share. I was in a cute little Pilates class with some nice music going. All of a sudden we hear LOUD grounding on the other side of the closed door. We start giggling and someone is like we should grunt too. Pilates is fun

You mean there's no grunting in Pilates?? I'm disappointed! :P
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    I'm always giggling when I'm working out.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Not normally but we sure we're thinking about it!
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    I met my husband at the gym :smile:
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    I met a jerk who decided he wanted to be my personal trainer without really asking me, and when he criticized my workout and I told him I had an actual trainer work out my plan and I really don't need any help from him he frowned and appeared insulted because I didn't want some creepy stranger following me around the gym.

Some people, well, I just don't get why they even come to the gym at all.
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Always have the usual "Bi's and Chest forget the rest" group! *insert cartoon chicken image here* (cba googling)
  • Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    I picked up a 'creeper' yesterday
    I realised that whatever i was doing (treadmill, crosstrainer ect) he was always nearby 'looking' at one of the TV screens whenever I glanced around
    I thought 'no, i'm being paranoid'
    But I totally wasn't
    Ick
  • Very serious and angry-looking people. My friend and I are always giggling too :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Bare boob woman in her 60s who seems to sit for hours half-dressed right in front of the changing room door to make sure everyone gets an eyeful.
  • hastingsmassage
    hastingsmassage Posts: 162 Member
    I met hairy 60 year old who told me his life story. I tried to be polite and listen, thanks to him I did 60 min on AMT machine lol
  • steve0820
    Always have the usual "Bi's and Chest forget the rest" group! *insert cartoon chicken image here* (cba googling)

Probably doing curls in the squat rack as well right haha
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    I met a girl in my bootcamp class last tuesday. We paired up to do the circuit together, and at the end I asked here if she would be there thursday as well (the class is on tuesdays and thursdays), and she she would.
    So come thursday, I didn't really want to go but I felt like I had to because I promised I'd be there. She never showed up though, but it's all good because it got me off my *kitten* and to the gym :)
  • annie61702
    annie61702 Posts: 120 Member
    I "met" a guy at the gym who had amazing arms. I did enjoy looking at them while I was working out. I'm a sucker for arms. We were both leaving at the same time and exchanged a little chit chat. Oh well. I'm married, but I'm not dead...
    VYVuJ.gif