No carb recipes anyone?

Options
Hello all.

I'm really struggling to find tasty no carb dinners, could any of you lovely lot help me out with this? I'm sick to death of plain grilled chicken!

Thank you xxxx

Replies

• MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I make stir fry. Whatever veggies I feel like, chopped meat or nuts/seeds. Add garlic, tiny ginger and salt.

Imitation crab and veggies wrapped in seaweed
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You can always have fish. Make sure to eats different veggies so it isn't always exactly the same thing. I don't worry about carbs in fruit and veggies. I try to limit traditional carbs like rice, pastas, bread, especially refined white stuff
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    No-carb is very restictive. Meat, fish, cheese, eggs.

But if you allow yourself the carbs in vegtables, then there's plenty of option.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    No carbs or low carbs?

I can do low carbs, but I got nothing for no carbs
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I don't do 'no carb' recipes but do low carb-

Last night for dinner, I had bolognese stuffed courgettes topped with cheese, with spinach and homemade guacamole :)

Other days I've had stirfry's with chicken,

'skinny burgers'- without the bun.

I also make cauliflower rice instead of rice- just blend a cauliflower and then fry. I have that with homemade chicken curry.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Caulflower is wonderful - I've just discovered the joy of cauli-crust pizza!
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Are you interested in low carb or NO carb? It's really hard to find things that have zero carbs in them. Mashed cauliflower is great with a little bit of reduced fat cheese and garlic! There's a lot of really good vegetables and other foods that are low carb but going no carb really restricts you from a lot of awesome, healthy vegetables.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Just had a quick look through your diary. Your biggest carb culprits are orange juice and bananas. I'd start by reducing those.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    no carbs = protien and fat only....

or do you mean starches????

ETA: I looked at your diary...you are under 1200 calories everyday..somedays below 1000..eat more food this isn't healthy. And contrary to what another poster said...eat more bananas if you have to and drink more OJ.
  • FleurDeeley
    Options
    Sorry, I'm fairly new to dieting, I should have been more specific. I don't mean NO carbs, I just mean nothing too starchy like potatoes, pasta, bread, rice etc, Trying to just eat meat/fish and veg for dinners.

Thank you so much for the lovely veggie suggestions, they sound lush. I know I'm under my calorie amount but I find it difficult to make it up to 1200.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Nuts and avocados will help you get to your calorie goal.