Protein Shake

I like to have a protein shake for breakfast, but today I won't be working out until late this afternoon. So should I drink a protein shake with at least 24 grams of protein this morning, or wait and drink it pre or post workout?

Replies

• Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    What is wrong with doing both?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    As long as you get an adequate protein intake within 24 hours or so of your workout, timing like you are talking about is not going to affect things at all.

Pay more attention each day to total protein intake, vs. when you get that protein intake.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    You don't NEED to drink if before/post workout. That line of thinking is bro-science and brainwashing from the fitness industry. As long as you get a good complete meal (Protein/Carbs) a few hours or minutes (your preference) after your workout it's fine.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    As long as you get an adequate protein intake within 24 hours or so of your workout, timing like you are talking about is not going to affect things at all.

Pay more attention each day to total protein intake, vs. when you get that protein intake.
    This. Timing is basically irrelevant.
  • Thanks everyone! I thought that might be the case, but I wasn't sure about the way body processes protein and what-not. Thanks again :)