For those that have lost 100lbs or more...question

Options
I've been doing this for a week now and I'm doing well. Did anyone that's lost 100+ eat all of their calories everyday? Mine are at 2010 right now. But, I've seen in some of the success stories where they cut them to 1200 or 1300 rather than what they suggested from MFP.

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I ate every, single. one.

ETA: currently at 1700 as a base+exercise calories.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for a week now and I'm doing well. Did anyone that's lost 100+ eat all of their calories everyday? Mine are at 2010 right now. But, I've seen in some of the success stories where they cut them to 1200 or 1300 rather than what they suggested from MFP.

Don't cut them. Seriously. You can do yourself some metabolic damage that way. I ate all mine. When MFP cut me down to a lower amount, I changed my goal to lose less per week and upped my exercise. I have lost 158 lbs eating around 1600 calories most of the time. If you aren't working out, I encourage you start. Just something simple and easy to start, like walking, or Wii Fit. As it gets too easy, make it harder. Your body will adapt. Especially don't ignore strength training. Muscle ups your metabolism and lets you eat more. :)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I ate them all and added any exercise calories.
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I ate around 1200-1300 calories and exercised every day. I made sure they were nutrient dense foods and high protein.
  • hmahoney74
    hmahoney74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will definitely eat them. I just wanted to make sure every one was still losing that way.

I bought Walk Away the Pounds dvd to get me started with exercise. When it warms up, I'll start swimming.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I also ate all of my appointed calories.

I didn't pay too much attention to protein/carb/fat ratios until I'd lost around 50lbs. I just focused on being more active.
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I ate around 1200-1300 calories and exercised every day. I made sure they were nutrient dense foods and high protein.

^^^^ this
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I normally eat all mine....if I was lower one day, I might be higher the next and it would balance out. Good luck to you!
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I don't have the links in front of me so I'd do your own research on specifics, but from what I've read the more you have to lose the more you can get away with cutting without ill effects. That doesn't mean a crazy 500 calorie a day number but just that you might be able to reduce further than the 20% most traditional calculators recommend. Also keep in mind, you should back off from this as you progress and have less to lose.
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My first time at MFP I ate all mine and my only exercise was walking..later jogging..I lost 60 lbs. Back after baby and I def. eat them ALL.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 pds and never counted a calorie