Big weightloss in stomach area please share here!!

Options
MrsMRo220
MrsMRo220 Posts: 62 Member
I am loosing , it's happening I'm workout out and feel stronger, but my big hanging down "flap" from 3 back to back huge pregnancys is still there. I just can't imagine it ever looking okay. I need some motivation! Please share! Everyone who has lost a lot like 80 and up always has shirts on in there after pictures. I want to know of my stomach could ever look even close to great again! Without surgery, that's a last resort, live very very last.

Replies

• MrsMRo220
    Options
    I should add I don't expect it to go away over night, I'm just curious in 6/7 months, what will happen to it? It feels like mostly think skin or something.
  • URGonnaHearMeRoar
    Options
    I use a waist trimmer, it helps make your mid section sweat to help burn fat, been using it for about two weeks and I also had children and I can already tell a difference in my stomach area.
  • MrsMRo220
    Options
    I use a waist trimmer, it helps make your mid section sweat to help burn fat, been using it for about two weeks and I also had children and I can already tell a difference in my stomach area.

What exactly is it? Like a wrap?
  • MrsMoore92
    MrsMoore92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can get it at Walmart in the sports section for 10 bucks. I think it sheds excess water weight, but I would probably see the reviews and see ifs it works for people. I have the same stomach problem as you with sagging skin and a lot of stretch marks. Do you know and stretch mark remedies?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

This wouldn't burn fat....sorry to disappoint...

For me I didn't take measurments until June 17th...my waist at it's smallest point (where you bend) has gone from 33 inches to 29.5 in 7months of a calories deficet and exercise (60days of 30 day shred and 18 weeks of weight lifting)

At my belly button it has gone from 37.5 inches to 33 inches. The "flap" is almost gone from my child bearing and being over weight for 20 years.
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    i have lost alot in my waist like 10 inches so far... i still have my stomach pouch... but i know it can take awhile for the skin to tighten... i will keep working at it... i know my diet has alot to do with it...
  • MrsMRo220
    Options
    You can get it at Walmart in the sports section for 10 bucks. I think it sheds excess water weight, but I would probably see the reviews and see ifs it works for people. I have the same stomach problem as you with sagging skin and a lot of stretch marks. Do you know and stretch mark remedies?

Me? No lol, my stomach is horrible, i wish, I try to massage with coconut oil a lot, but nothing helps.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Well, we can't spot reduce. Fat will be lost and it will redistribute or not until the excess fat is gone. I can say that my belly is definitely shrinking as I lose weight. It's slow, but definite. I'm also losing fat in my abdomen and thighs, so I think, so far, it's a pretty even loss. I'm satisfied with it, anyway!

Just keep doing what you are doing and as you lose weight, you'll lose it all over.

Helping your skin shrink is, unfortunately, going to be mostly age, elasticity, and genetics. Mine's pulling back nicely so far, but I have a long way to go. I'm a bit more concerned about it because I'm 45. Someone in their 20s and 30s should have good success with skin reducing naturally.

Hydrating appropriately by drinking enough water helps and using a hydrating lotion with vitamin E and collagen helps, too.

Keep focused on your goal and drink your water!
  • MrsMRo220
    Options
    Well, we can't spot reduce. Fat will be lost and it will redistribute or not until the excess fat is gone. I can say that my belly is definitely shrinking as I lose weight. It's slow, but definite. I'm also losing fat in my abdomen and thighs, so I think, so far, it's a pretty even loss. I'm satisfied with it, anyway!

Just keep doing what you are doing and as you lose weight, you'll lose it all over.

Helping your skin shrink is, unfortunately, going to be mostly age, elasticity, and genetics. Mine's pulling back nicely so far, but I have a long way to go. I'm a bit more concerned about it because I'm 45. Someone in their 20s and 30s should have good success with skin reducing naturally.

Hydrating appropriately by drinking enough water helps and using a hydrating lotion with vitamin E and collagen helps, too.

Keep focused on your goal and drink your water!

Just because one is young does not mean it's going to be easy, I had 3 kids all 18 months apart, and before that I had a late loss, so my stomach had expanded an bit. My kids were all very big, and so really I'm pretty sure, at the end of my year, surgery will be the only option for the skin. My stomach is VERY stretched out, I'm in a size 16 jeans, if it weren't for my stomach skinI'd be in 12s.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I don't have any bare belly photos at my biggest

Sw: 250

zmaws0.jpg

2r3dt3p.jpg
  • MrsMRo220
    Options

Wow amazing! My stomach is about double yours and hangs down like 2 inches.
  • MrsMRo220
    Options
    I don't have any bare belly photos at my biggest

Sw: 250

zmaws0.jpg

2r3dt3p.jpg

Thank you! Your stomach in the very bottom left corner is exactly how my stomach is only it's a bit bigger. (Hopefully not for much longer!)
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Eat at a deficit to lose fat, and it will come off your stomach when your body lets it.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of woman mistake what they see...

Yes there is some stretching from babies most of the time but as you can see in the pics the fithooker posted that goes away if you lose weight at a reasonable rate.

I had hang down..a big one...it wasn't lose skin it was fat and it is going away.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Yes for me it's taken me 2 years to get to where I am now, once the weight was pretty much off, it is more about cleaning up my eating and working out, 3 circuit training, I'm not where I wanna be yet, my goals change as my body changes. Don't look at other women and want their body, want your body and love it enough to do what you want to your body. Food is for fueling not for pleasure. Fitness is created more in the kitchen then it is in a gym. Gym is only about 4%. I have honestly never stepped foot in a gym but I workout at home and on the track.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I should add I don't expect it to go away over night, I'm just curious in 6/7 months, what will happen to it? It feels like mostly think skin or something.

I thought mine was skin, but it was still a lot of fat. I wasn't dedicated to diet, so it took me 3 years.
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i have a big stomach.
    Right now my plan is to lose weight first
    then i will go into strenght training to make it flat
    so it will take time
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    i have a big stomach.
    Right now my plan is to lose weight first
    then i will go into strenght training to make it flat
    so it will take time

Why not start strength training now? It's not going to hinder your weight loss and will actually help it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!