_______________________________50 Pounds Gone!

Options
So Around the end of January I quit smoking cause I just was fed up paying $11.00 a pack in NY Lmao.
That and I really was sick of it since I was smoking since I was 15 years old.
I was losing a little bit of weight while I was smoking I was 223lb then I gained 10 pounds when I quit.
It wasn't as hard as I thought quitting especially since I was wanna those die hard smokers taking in Newports 100's a pack daily.
I had said a few times I'm going to die with a cigarette in my mouth for sure, so quitting felt like a real accomplishment.

After quitting I wasn't too happy with my weight, it wasn't too bad since I'm 6'2 and didn't really look obese
I decided to try to get healthy and eat better etc etc.

At first it was very hard since I was pretty much eating anything I wanted but I started by drinking a lot more water then before.
Then I quit all juice and soda and started walking more.
Then I quit fried and salty foods till I started counting calories.
I then pretty much learned and started reading about nutrition and what my body needs.
All this with a good amount of cardio and weight training and I'm good to go.

My before and after pics.:smile:

img1585z.jpg

fern1o.jpg

fern2h.jpg

Decided to lose a extra 10 more pounds today so my journey continues.

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • izzys1mom
    Options
    That is awesome and totally something to be proud of!! Do you mind telling me what you used to quit smoking?
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    congrats on both the weight and the cigarettes, i'm in a similiar situation being 6'2 my weight not really showing for the longest i've put it off buy now i'm on a 60lb mission
  • mlcdz
    mlcdz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! congratulations on a wonderful inspirational accomplishment.
  • Mrbackslap
    Options
    That is awesome and totally something to be proud of!! Do you mind telling me what you used to quit smoking?

Second try on the Nicotine patch plus determination to wanna quit smoking.
  • SashaSpells
    Options
    wow, you look great. fantastic job =)
  • pinksgirlfriend
    pinksgirlfriend Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    awsome! i quit smoking about six months ago also! it was hard but im happy, and feel so much better... now im working on my weight! you look great! nice job!
  • Robin66
    Robin66 Posts: 103
    Options
    You're a true success story. I was also a smoker, I quit 3 years ago and so began my journey. I'm so very proud of you and all you've accomplished! Keep up all your hard work, it is definitely paying off in spades.
  • k8ieP
    k8ieP Posts: 54
    Options
    50 lbs is a major accomplishment but you can't put a price on being able to stop smoking. Congrats and thanks for sharing and giving inspiration to others who want to be able to quit as well. :flowerforyou:
  • undercover
    undercover Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Awesome, way to go!
  • naidanueva
    naidanueva Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's SO inspiring!!! Thanks for posting!
    And congrats!! You're a stronger, better person for having DOUBLE the accomplishment (giving up smoking and losing the weight)!
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Did you just say you want to lose another ten pounds? I'm not sure where it's going to come from now! Great job on quitting smoking and developing better habits :drinker:
  • nfoster2010
    Options
    WTG! You look great!
  • Mrbackslap
    Options
    You're a true success story. I was also a smoker, I quit 3 years ago and so began my journey. I'm so very proud of you and all you've accomplished! Keep up all your hard work, it is definitely paying off in spades.

You and Tiffany really inspired me to keep going also cause you ladies have lost a lot of weight.
    Thank you and keri also who is kool =)

There are other friends of mines on MFP also who I wanna thank you guys know who you are Kate, Mel My sister and Cat.
    If I forgot anyone I still luv ya =)
  • Mrbackslap
    Options
    Did you just say you want to lose another ten pounds? I'm not sure where it's going to come from now! Great job on quitting smoking and developing better habits :drinker:

Yea I still have belly fat and I realized I wanna drop body fat really.
    The next 10 pounds will be the slowest I lose cause I'll be concentrating now more on weight training then cardio.
    If I gain hopefully it will be more muscle but I definitely wanna get rid of the fat.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    You look...ASTOUNDING! Truly amazing...I am so happy for your success!! What an absolute accomplishment and like others said, I have no idea where that other 10 pounds is coming from...though I'm sure I could lend you a few... :oP
  • DeepSeaDoc_Wife
    DeepSeaDoc_Wife Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    What a great transformation!!
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sexy! WOOHOO You look great!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Nice work... you are fishing right by my office.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    You look great. Honestly, it's hard to believe it's the same guy! A big pat on the back for a job well done.:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!