Organic, healthy, soups.

Options
Hi all!

I'm trying to go more organic and less processed foods. So far, I have cut out pasta and more veggies and fruits. Still eating meat.

So, I am looking for soup recipes that are more towards the organic side. Anyone have any good ones or a site that would provide some?

Yesterday, I got creative and made a really good one, but would love some more ideas. :)

Replies

• krogers810x
    krogers810x Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy organic veggies, but this recipe could easily be made organic. And it works out to just about 130 calories a cup!

Mushroom and Stout Soup

1 large onion, sliced thinly
    2 tbsp butter
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1 1/2 cup portobello mushrooms, sliced
    2 cup button mushroom, sliced
    3-4 leaves fresh sage, diced
    4 cups beef broth
    12 oz (1 bottle) stout - I used Founder's Breakfast Stout
    3 cloves garlic, diced
    1 tsp cornstarch, mixed with 1 tsp water

Caramelize down the onions in half the button/oil until brown. Add in the garlic, sage and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms have softened and begun to cook down (7-8 minutes, depending on the size of your pan). Add in the beer and beef broth and simmer for 15 minutes. Add in cornstarch slurry and simmer another 5 minutes or so, until thickened slightly.

This freezes really well, too, so I like to freeze it in 1 cup portions and microwave for a fast lunch or dinner.
  • ksunshine91
    ksunshine91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can make this one with all organic products. It makes 6 huge servings that are only 170 calories..
    http://www.stacymakescents.com/crock-pot-lentil-vegetable-soup
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    http://www.marthastewart.com/332311/roasted-chicken-and-butternut-soup

I did this the other day, except I cut up an entire chicken and roasted it separate and pulled all the meat off. Really good. I added a pinch of cumin and Jerk seasoning instead of whatever spices they said.
  • steffihoney
    Options
    They all sound delicious!! Thank you!
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome low cal broccoli soup.. I love it. The entire pot is 400 cal

1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 large onion, chopped
    3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
    2 (10 ounce) packages chopped frozen broccoli, thawed (I put 3-4 cups raw fresh broccoli)
    1-2 potatoes, peeled and chopped (depending how thick you like your soup.. I put 2)
    4 cups chicken broth
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Heat olive oil in a large saucepan, and saute onion and garlic until tender. Mix in broccoli, potato, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender.

With a hand mixer or in a blender, puree the mixture until smooth. Return to the saucepan, and reheat. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.