Recovery Drink

Options
Does anyone on here take the P90X recovery drink? I am currently taken it, and have no problems with it taste good, and seems to do what they clam. Just wondering if there are other options out there, that are better, or less expensive. I do take protein supplements when I run short on time, or protein leaves for a day. Just curious more then anything.

Thanks!

Replies

• mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i drink chocolate milk and usually feel better after p90x. do a little research its suppose to be a good recovery drink and much cheaper than the p90x drink
  • Mrbackslap
    Options
    Don't fall into buying all the named brand stuff.
    Also dont go crazy on the protein cause you dont need tons of it.
    And p90X is ok but I found alot of the stuff on the video to be hard for somebody who very overweight.
    Try running, weightlifting etc while doing p90x it will benefit you more.
    I was drinking a drink called Purple Wraath and that was pretty good.
  • SherryFritz
    SherryFritz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I teach nutrition education, so everything we recommend is whole food based and backed by science -- so no gimmicks and no hype. I drink Juice Plus Complete shake for breakfast or after a work out. It is not fact that we need additional protein. Your muscles are made up of mostly water! Juice Plus complete Shake is a perfect meal replacement. half protein and half carbs. It has some wonderful sea vegetables in it as well as the fruit and vegetable powders. Just email me for more info and I'll be glad to get if for you. Just 110 calories! All my clients take it.
  • jasonbanitt
    Options
    Yes, I agree with everything that everyone has said and thanks for your comments. Note to Mrbackslap, I agree p90x is not for your run of the mill person, it is intense and that is what is great about it for me. I am in pretty good shape, but want to get to the next leave, and try something different then the standard weights, and cardio. Boooo on cardio. LOLOLO