I needa Do-Over

Options
My name is Madeline (Maddie, for short)
I am 20 years old, 21 in February.
I am 5'8' & my goal is to lose 100+ pounds.
I am very shy & I live in West Knoxville, TN.
I need friends to help me do this. I have tried
it over and over and no luck at all. Talk to me?
<3

Replies

• marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Feel free to friend me, we can all use more friends. :) Success.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi Maddie - In the long run i is about you! Figure out you are worth this journey and start it (actually you did, as you are here). Now ask for what you need - you did. Now get out there and run with it.
    Friend a few of us, then take some time and see who is working for the same goals you are. Reevaluate and continue moving forward girl. It is a journey. Good luck with yours. Friend me if I can be of help to you and good luck!!
    Wendy
  • JadeBatmanMarie
    JadeBatmanMarie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 21. 22 in February. Every time i try to get my self fit and healthy it goes really well for a week or so then suddenly just stops working so i know how you feel :)
    I'm determined as hell to sort it out this year! I started in the second week of January.. I want to lose 70+Ibs 10Ibs down so far but it's looking like it's stuck at that at the minute :/. Time to force some extra motivation!
    Good luck :)
  • twinmommy7411
    Options
    Hey hun! II'm Kathy and I'm 23 years old from NY. t's awesome that you took the initiative, that just makes you one step closer to reaching your goal. Surrounding yourself with people with your same goals is the best way to go. I lost 30 pounds last year with the help and motivation of a challenge group of friends on facebook, i got lazy and gained back ten off those but I am back on it and know I will reach my goal. Sometimes that is all we need, friends to help us work through it :)
  • mreynolds1103
    Options
    Same boat! I am determined to get fit by summer. I am struggling finding time to balance school, work, and taking care of my animals all while eating right and exercising. My goal is to get back down to my 160 mark. 35 lbs to go.
  • TommyTrout
    TommyTrout Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eat whole healthy foods. Nothing processed. Portion control and no fast food and fat should melt away! No alcohol either! I just lost 56 pounds this way. DASH diet book inspired me. Google it!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm older but so agree with the above. its so easy, especially when young to grab the processed foods... ok, every age.

Find what good, whole foods you like is a major start! Next, find some exercise that you Love and can stick with. Last, get some motivating friends so that when you "Don't Feel Like Working Out"... you WILL because they encourage you and you know they will be asking and you don't want to say "I didn't do it, again".

You will slip up at times. Thats ok, just reach up to others and start again the next day... or the next hour.

You can do this! Its a new lifestyle for your adulthood. Do it now before it takes a toll on your body.
  • crickle3013
    crickle3013 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey girl, I also am trying for a do over, seems I keep falling off the wagon.. just started again 2 weeks ago. I have over 80 lbs I'd like to lose for health reasons, and a general confidence boost. I had a slip up this weekend and I'm hoping that the 2 lbs that reappeared on my scale this morning are just water retention, but I'm not feeling very good about it. So today, I dust myself off and get back to reality. I wish you the best and feel free to add me!! I could use a friend or two as well :)
  • clh372
    clh372 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm also ready for a do over, belong to weight watchers for 25 years! It's a good program but I like MFP bettter because I can see my sodium and carbs and what I'm doing wrong. Do you have anyone who will go to the gym with you, my future daughter in law drags me every night and when we get sore from doing a class we keep telling our self, wedding, wedding and that is what keeps us going. I'm glad you are working on it now because the older you get the harder it is!!