Rewarding myself with exercise, not for it.

Options
Today I did my usual morning workout and weigh in (I use my wiifit since I don't have a scale), and then I had to start getting ready for my day which meant sewing a baby blanket, cleaning my house and tracking down the pieces of a crib I'm giving away. As I was finishing up the blanket I found myself thinking "if you get everything ready and clean before three then you can go for another run!"
I was really proud of the fact that without even realizing I've started rewarding myself with exercise instead of rewarding myself for working out ("you went for a jog, you deserve that piece of cake!")

Has anyone else found the more comfortable you are in your weight loss/healthy journey the more your perspective on rewards/treats has changed?

Replies

• Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yes! It took a while but I find myself doing that often. Also, after a stressfull day at work I used to find myself in the drive thru of a Wendys or Starbucks, now I relieve stress by going for a jog!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I was really proud of the fact that without even realizing I've started rewarding myself with exercise instead of rewarding myself for working out ("you went for a jog, you deserve that piece of cake!")

I quickly got out of that habit when I would be exhausted after working out and seeing I only burned 300-400 calories... and the treat I want would totally negate that work... helped talk me out of those treats... Not to mention I felt so much better the next morning and proud of myself.
  • Fitnessaddict90
    Fitnessaddict90 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What a great idea ^^ I also see workouts as treat but I try living through my 2 restdays a week thinking that the day after the restday I can workout again :D My restdays are Monday which is also my weight-in day and Friday so that I have a 1-3-1-2 pattern for my workout/restday routine :)

Stay fit

Jennifer