Polar heart rate monitor

Options
Hi does the polar heart rate monitor show you the calories burned?

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • katyanne15
    katyanne15 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    mine does. polar ft60 uses a chest strap. you push start..and after push done. and it will tell you calories burned and the time you were in 1 of 3 intensity levels. fat burn zones. pretty cool. keeps track of your week calories and amount of time workout out with targets to hit based on your goals.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Hi does the polar heart rate monitor show you the calories burned?

depends on which polar you buy. I have the 4 and it does. I got it for around $70. One of their more expensive ones (don't remember which) does not show calorie burn. Go to polar website and it shows all the features for all their HRMs.
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Do the Polar Heart Rate monitors sync with MFP like the Fitbits do?
  • AngieOrangy
    AngieOrangy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does. I have the FT40. I bought mine from Amazon, and it was around $115.
    There is a chest strap that syncs with the watch, this not only displays heart rate but also shows calories expended (you can check your HR and calories burned during, and after the workout.) It summarizes your average, and maximum heart rate for each exercise once completed - also, showing how many calories burned were of fat.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Polar sucks. Buy a Garmin. No, seriously...............
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Links to recommended models?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    anything from the FT4 and up, the 1 doesn't. That said the higher the number 40 or 60 are best as you can change the max HR and V02 Max numbers.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options

I agree! Was blown away by the accuracy and reliability of my new garmin!! FR220 is the model I purchased but that is on the higher end. I think any of them that use the soft strap will be just as good for the HRM function.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options

I agree! Was blown away by the accuracy and reliability of my new garmin!! FR220 is the model I purchased but that is on the higher end. I think any of them that use the soft strap will be just as good for the HRM function.

Hear Hear
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

Hear Hear

Garmin FR220 costs around $250. My polar 4 was $70. Some people don't need all the bells and whistles.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options

Hear Hear

Garmin FR220 costs around $250. My polar 4 was $70. Some people don't need all the bells and whistles.

Yes some do not need/want the GPS function. If you want to go the least expensive route get the Garmin soft strap and just sync that puppy up to your smartphone and favorite tracking app! $40 and still a lot more reliable/accurate than my polar experience. JMHO
  • tedscanoe
    tedscanoe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have an Polar RS100 that attempts to show calories and fat burned. But I feel that those numbers are a joke!
    25 minutes of run/walk and it shows 400 calories burned. My realistic feeling is half of that, say 200.
    Unless an item has inputs for age, weight, and resting heart rate, that item can show a Wild *kitten* Guess.
    FWIW,
    Ted
  • KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. Shows calories burned and your target zone.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. Shows calories burned and your target zone.

+1
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT7 Love it. Also shows calories and heart rate target zones. about $70 from Amazon.