Sams vs. Costco

13»

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Another one for Costco. Their meat prices by me are unbeatable and their Kirkland Holistic Pet food is comparable with Blue Buffalo, but $20 cheaper...great for pets with food allergies.

Plus, you can get HUGE bags of protein powder for like $30...just invest in your own renewable canister and instant money saver there.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Costco, always. Their Kirkland brand really is good, their returns and guarantees can't be beat, and Sam's is Walmart.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Ask yourself: How badly do I need a gallon of ketchup?

:laugh:
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    I love Costco...especially at Christmas. It is a great place for buying gift. I get great fresh veggies at Costco too.:heart:
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Had both, kept only Costco because it's absolutely wonderful.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    I like Costco. We have the Executive Membership. We don't shop there every week, but when we do go, we stock up. We know what not to get from there. That's important too. I like the selection at Costco these days. You can even find organic vegetables and fruits there that previously used to be available at small speciality stores. When our child was in diapers, we always bought diapers and wipes from Costco. And who can beat their $2 kosher hotdog?!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    the price of boneless skinless chicken breast is worth the membership to me ($1.77 / lb).

ding ding ding! winner!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    I like them both about the same. They're about a half mile apart here. I seriously doubt either of them pays their employees much or pays decent benefits. It's all retail, not just one company.

If you are making purchase decision based on the working conditions of the lowest workers, throw away your iPhone too. Conditions are horrible among their factory workers in China.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    I refuse to shop anywhere that makes me pay....to shop..
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    The main character in Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl made this observation: Republicans shop at Sam's Club; Democrats go to Costco.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    the price of boneless skinless chicken breast is worth the membership to me ($1.77 / lb).

^^This for sure! I agree....they have the best price on boneless skinless chicken breast. Plus, a TON of other things. Household goods are super cheap and their produce section is great. Love it! Sam's and Aldi are amazing.
  • I like them both about the same. They're about a half mile apart here. I seriously doubt either of them pays their employees much or pays decent benefits. It's all retail, not just one company.

If you are making purchase decision based on the working conditions of the lowest workers, throw away your iPhone too. Conditions are horrible among their factory workers in China.

... and it is so true... you'd also have to stop shopping at a lot of mid-level and high-end clothing spots - as nearly all of the items are made over seas in possible sweat shops...

There is NO way you can do the whole "don't buy from China" thing unless you want to have just about nothing in your home. And this is also very similar to the virtual "ban" on Japanese products from just a few decades ago. And yet now look how highly prized some people hold their Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans, Sonys, and all the rest...