Lost 5lbs but looking flabbier...?

Options
I've been on MFP for almost 3 weeks now and have lost 5lbs. And last week I was noticing my pants felt looser and my stomach was looking thinner (unfortunately my arms aren't slimming yet....but that's another story). Anyways, this week I've felt as if my stomach is looking so much bigger and much more flabby than before. Any ideas on why? I haven't really changed anything from last week to this week...

Replies

• HidyleDidyle
    Options
    I can't really explain why...but the same thing has happened to me this week. I had way too much sodium over the weekend (one meal of Vietnamese lemon grass chicken with fish sauce) and that honestly puffed me up for days. I would recommend drinking the full 8 glass of water if you aren't already, it has been helping me. Don't give up!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I agree with drinking ALL of your water. Sodium is a HUGE factor in feeling bigger. And whenever I drink ALL of my water and then some, I feel much better!
  • chrispoll
    chrispoll Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know sodium and water intake can affect stuff like this. One thing that I was always told when trying to loose weight is also keep an eye on inches. Sometimes we may not see the pounds coming off, but when we notice clothes fitting better and can see the inches coming off, it helps the motivation. :)
  • niknok28
    Options
    Sodium can cause the 'bigger' as for the 'flabby' after I lost about 10 lbs I noticed my stomach looked and felt slightly flabby it went away after about a week though. I think maybe the skin had to readjust to the fat loss in that area.
  • sandeepnair
    Options
    I lost 8 lbs totally in last 3 months, but my abs/waist size remain the same. But I think I see a small difference in the upper abs. I'm 6ft tall and 140 lbs so you can imagine how thin I am. But my tummy fat just won't go off. I got fat only on my belly area, so I have no idea where that 8 lbs went off from. Now that I'm at extreme lower limit of BMI, I quit fat loss and working on increasing muscle weight, so I can come back to fat loss once I gain enough weight!
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips -- I'll start chugging the water!