Effective at-home workouts?

Options
Hello all! I used to be on here a few years ago but decided to rejoin!

Currently I started out (2 weeks ago) at 160, and in the past 2 weeks I've lost 6.5 pounds, so I'm down to 153.5. my goal weight is 115-120. I am a female, 22 years old and 5'3".

Currently I've been doing Zumba because I own the exhilarate DVD's and by the time I get home from work it is too dark to go running. On weekend I try to get up and go for either a 3 mile jog or an hour jog (which for me is roughly 4-4.5 miles currently).

But after 2 weeks of the same old, I'm getting bored, it's effective, yes, but I want to mix it up a little. So any ideas on workouts I can do at home that won't cost money and that won't take more than an hour but will help me lose the weight fast and efficiently?

Thanks!!! :)

NOTE: I have been eating healthier too...mainly fruits and veggies with chicken or fish for dinner, with a few little cheat moments, but I haven't gone over my calories except for 1 day, according to the MFP iPhone app.

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Tons of youtube exercise videos that are free that you can follow.. I am sure someone can post some of their favorites.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Lots of free workouts on Hulu and Amazon Prime if you have them.
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My fav free youtubes include Fitness Blender (tabata hiit), Zuzana Light (hard stuff) and there are all some free Jillian Michaels stuff...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Yep! Youtube all the way! Jessica Smith TV, Befit90, Fitness Blender to name a few channels. All you have to do is a search in youtube and tons will pop up!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting works for me. It's challenging mentally and physically so it keeps me motivated week after week :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    collagevideo.com is a great source.....tons of information (video clips, reviews, etc)

My favorite cardio (I have 2 left feet) - Leslie Sansone ....this is more intense on a rebounder (mini tramp)

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/leslie-sansones-just-walk-4-mile-power-walk-6190

My favorite strength training - Kelly Coffey Meyer 30 Minutes to Fitness Body Shop

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-min-to-fitness-body-shop-6367

My favorite yoga - Rodney Yee Yoga for Your Week

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/rodney-yees-yoga-for-your-week-6465
  • Marcus_Anthony
    Marcus_Anthony Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like DailyBurn.com - $10 per month and tons of programs. You can access it on Xbox, Roku, iPad and computer.

I can do an Insanity style workout one day (Inferno) and yoga the next. They also have structured 21-28 day programs where they give you a schedule and keep it mixed up.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    You could always do a Walk at Home video. Not as easy as they sound.
  • muscularbeebers
    muscularbeebers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love the workouts from dailyhiit.com. They just started a new 30 day challenge, if you're looking for something like that.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing T25 and I love it.

I previously did Combat and loved that too. I'm finally consistent with my workouts due to these programs and my accountability groups.

I started with Zumba. it was fun for sure.
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    check out scooby's workshop home workout. use the google machine to get there.
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    www.nerdfitness.com/‎ has some body weight circuit training programs on their site that are pretty challenging if you want to add some variety to your routine.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Since it sounds like you have cardio covered, try some weights. You can use your body weight... do exercises like:

Burpees
    Push-ups
    Sit-ups
    Handstands
    Crunches
    Planks

Google "body weight exercises" and you'll find tons of combinations you can do! I guarantee if you do 30 minutes of these in quick succession, you'll be EXHAUSTED.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I do all my workouts at home, or outside.

I mix it up often because I too get bored, but here are things I do:

Zumba, Turbo Fire, ChaLEAN Extreme, calisenthics (esp. pushups, squats, burpees, tricep dips, skaters and planks), hiking (my favorite when the weather is nice), biking, step aerobics. And when the weather is nice, lots and lots of yard work, chopping wood and gardening.

I recently was given Insanity DVDs but I have not tried them yet.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    my fiance and I do body beast at home. I like my DVD workouts, but there's tons of free stuff on the internet!
  • jazzcatastrophe
    jazzcatastrophe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like the 30 day shred, the workouts are under a half hour long and the first level is up on youtube
  • hillarayray
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the different ideas!!

I've been wanting to try T-25 because I've heard good things about it, but don't have the $120 to spend on it.

So I'll start YouTubing tonight!
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred!! you can buy the DVD for like $9 at Target! It's an amazing workout and you're done in 30 minutes.
  • dalecr1357
    Options
    Freeletics....you can download the ap. Its all bodyweight exercises....Put some good music on and go to it. Also jefit can also be downloaded as an ap. Keeps up with your reps and weights.