Stoopid Wedding Weightloss

Options
Hello.

I am looking for anyone who is trying to lose weight for their wedding this summer (August) and keep it off for life.

I have no idea what to aim for weight wise...I have a vintage lace dress which is too small at the moment and reckon I need to be a small 12 to get into it.

I am 5ft 4inches and weigh 161lbs...I am thinking 0.5lbs per week or do you think this is too slow? / do able?

I am pretty sedentary but am trying to sort that as I have a fitbit which is helping me get moving.

If you are in the same boat please friend me. I log every day and would like UK friends if possible so I can get food tips from your diaries. I love all MF Pals though x

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    0.5 pounds per week is completely do-able and a good goal to aim for. Since you're trying to fit into a dress, you need to work on changing your measurements along with losing weight. A lot of people are going to recommend that you pick up some strength training to help with this. Any resistance training would be a good idea.
  • Youretheoneformefatty100
    Options
    Thanks Dianne sounds like a good plan. Yes I am going to try some weights. I have been on here a while and was lifting for a bit, until I hurt my back and ended up spending a fortune on a Chiropractor ...it's scared me off, but I was doing so well, I was 145lbs of nice toned body, I am worried I will end up 145lbs of chubby fat, but it's better than 161lbs of chubby fat LOL. Thanks for your positivity.
  • ThinEdielynne
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose weight for my wedding, and I've been pretty successful by cutting calories. Yet I'm still jiggly and soft so I'm also going to add a little strength training to tone, and I'm also trying Pilates and yoga for the first time. Yoga for wedding stress relief, haha! Just remember with weight loss, 80% is diet, 20% exercise. Good luck with that dress! You'll look beautiful!
  • kmck11
    kmck11 Posts: 1
    Options
    My wedding is in July... I just got my dress in last week andddddd the last 2 inches don't zip. They told me that it's because most dresses have to be let out because when you order a stock dress they come as is and not fitted. Either way it was frustrating so I completely understand! I have already lost 34 lbs in the last year just by throwing in some running...Now come the big challenge though- the dress! I've recently started kickboxing 2 nights a week and have found that I'm at peace for that one hour training session (twice a week). I feel less jiggly and am taking weight off while toning up. Just a suggestion! Helps that the ladies I do it with crack me up and are good friends of mine so we all understand each other. Maybe finding a woman's work out group near you would help?!v
  • Youretheoneformefatty100
    Options
    Thanks ladies, you have inspired me so much, I took the dog for an extra walk! I am going to the gym open day on Sat to check out the classes. It was Body Pump that let me down big time...so I won't be going to that.

Good luck brides to be and other advisers x