Jillian Micheals?

Options
Hey all!
I have a question when it comes to logging in cardio. I'm doing JMs Banish fat & boost metabolism workout, would that be considered more of general circuit training or high impact aerobics? I'm not to sure what to log it in as, I'm a newbie to exercise in general and a lot of her workouts are similar!

Thanks for your input!

Replies

• wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I haven't done that one in particular but all JM workouts I've done have been high-intensity. I would log it as high-intensity/impact aerobics. You know how hard you're working, just be honest with yourself. Or you can always make up your own entries in the database of course.
  • Tishaslyon
    Options
    I count most JM DVDs as circuit training, but the 'banish fat boost metabolism' DVD is the exception to the rule. Definitely high impact aerobics.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Whatever you decide, keep in mind that the calorie burns for MFP are usually too high. I'd adjust the calories to about 60% of what MFP tells you. Like if MFP says you burned 500....log somewhere around 300 instead.
  • SuePin02
    SuePin02 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes I am seeing now that MFP is a little inaccurate, which would explain my very slow sometimes non existent weight loss after logging everything haha I am getting a heart rate monitor this week! Thanks y'all!