Effective at-home workouts?

Options
2»

Replies

• sweating_sweet_tea
    Options
    If you can get it, its worth it, Im on my 4th week of Beta and Ive ordered the extra Gamma workout to do next.

Alpha gets your endurance up
    Beta is where the weight comes off
    Gamma builds the muscle

that's what "they" say anyways, but I am down in both pounds and inches after 8 weeks, I cant wait to see what these last 6 bring
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the Blogilates website. There are lots of free, fun workouts and a monthly workout calendar. It's hard to get bored with these.
  • leaner426
    Options
    Lots on Amazon Prime if you are a member. Don't forget the library. Free to join and a lot of great stuff.
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Look through Youtube!
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Bump
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    My favorite at-home workout is actually from the Glamour magazine website!

http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/2013/01/glamour-one-month-slim-down-plan#slide=1

I find it to be very effective, and I don't get bored with it as it's 4 different routines focusing on different areas of the body. Some of them, I think, are circuit training, while others are less aerobic and are pretty much weight training. I find them fun and well-designed, unlike a lot of the workout routines I've found out there. They also don't require any crazy equipment-- just weights, an exercise ball, and a resistance band, and something like a stool or stairs.

I've been combining these with running, riding an exercise bike, and Zumba once a week (and now that there is finally snow, I'll be cross-country skiing again). Plus watching what I eat. I've lost 1 1/2 pounds in 2 weeks, which is quite an accomplishment for 5'1" me!
  • niricava
    niricava Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great ideas on here! Thanks.
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred!! you can buy the DVD for like $9 at Target! It's an amazing workout and you're done in 30 minutes.

Also, the first level of the 30-day shred is on youtube if you want to try it for free (there are 3 levels total).