I just put my jeans on!

Options
I stopped smoking and started gaining weight about a year and four months ago. I put on about fifty pounds in one year! I like to say I got into an eating contest with myself, and I was winning. Anyway, I think I purchased one new pair of pants because they were a necessity, but otherwise I would not allow myself to buy new cothes because it was like a sign of complacency. It was like conceding that that was my new weight. So I've been wearing sweats and sweatshirts for as long as I can remember in the recent past with the exception summertime when I couldn't get away with it. And today after four months of eating less, I got my jeans on comfortably! So it was only one pair, and I know they won't all fit yet, but oh man, am I excited!! Thanks for reading!

Replies

• piratesluver
    piratesluver Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I have a pair of jeans I call my weight loss jeans... They measure how many inches I've lost based on how they fit.
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to wear jeans again. I too gained a butt ton of weight quitting cigs...70lbs in 2 years. I'm so mad at myself for it too.
  • kdt8810
    kdt8810 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's the best feeling, isn't it? Great work!!
  • rmscjmr
    Options
    Great job!

I have a pair of jeans I call my weight loss jeans... They measure how many inches I've lost based on how they fit.

Thanks!
  • rmscjmr
    Options
    That's the best feeling, isn't it? Great work!!

It's pretty awesome! Thanks!
  • Christine_120
    Options
    Yup - old clothes you fit into again are sooooo much better than new ones. :wink:
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness, I can so relate! I don't buy clothes for the same reason and then walk around feeling like a slob. A few weeks ago I went crazy and spend all of $100 on some new clothes and felt like a million bucks.... why do we do this to ourselves?

Congrats on the jeans. That's must feel pretty good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!