Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Artificial Sweetener?

elly620
elly620 Posts: 209 Member
I usually use Truvia in my coffee and sometimes splenda. What do you guys use, if you do use a sweetener? If you don't, I would like to know why?

Thanks for your responses in advance and hope everyone has a great day

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I usually use Truvia in my coffee and sometimes splenda. What do you guys use, if you do use a sweetener? If you don't, I would like to know why?

Thanks for your responses in advance and hope everyone has a great day

Depends...........personal preference

I drink tea (iced & hot) and don't add any sugar. This was a habit I forced myself into many, many years ago. We're talking the stone ages when Sweet'n Low was the only fake sweetener out there (gross). Because I drink a lot of tea....I don't think a habit of drinking something sweet (artificial or otherwise) ALL day long is a good habit.

I do drink 1 diet soda everyday. I don't think soda is the best thing.....but everything in moderation. Unless you are using sweetener several times a day.....it's not a big deal (IMO).
  • LeafyGreenGirl
    LeafyGreenGirl Posts: 17 Member
    I don't like the taste of coffee so I usually use a packet stevia and a flavored non-dairy creamer, my favorite is So Delicious Coconut Milk French Vanilla - supper yum! :)
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    I don't use any sweetener in my coffee or tea anymore. I got used to it by slowly decreasing the sugar I used over time.

I do sweeten my plain greek yogurt as well as my oatmeal. I usually use either stevia or dark maple syrup when at home. I'll occasionally use white, brown, or turbinado sugar. I avoid Splenda and artificial sweeteners.

I recently purchased palm sugar, which is supposed to have a lower glycemic index than other sugars. I haven't tried it yet.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 478 Member
    Stevia.. raw stevia
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 341 Member
    I like using fresh picked leaves from my stevia plant.
  • brenda5476
    brenda5476 Posts: 24 Member
    I use Splenda or xylitol. I just gave up m y 1 diet pepsi per day (been 3 weeks). I drink coffee with light cream and herbal teas now. Lots of water. I am new to MFP and am looking forward to all the support on here.
  • My 2 cents:
    I was told by my doctor not to use artificial sweeteners; use regular sugar and cut back. The artificial sweeteners cause stroke....not worth it to me. I just cut back on how many cups of coffee I have in a day and cut out all soda. I actually do know someone who had a stroke from drinking too many diet sodas "according to her doctor".