weight gained instead of loosing

Options
having trouble, drinking the Dr. Oz slim down drink 3 x a day all my meals are portion controled doing exercises but yet i'm still gaining weight. what do I do. very frustraited :grumble:

Replies

• healthnewlife
    Options
    here's what you do: you cancel your subscription or whatever that is and eat whole healthy natural FILLING foods. exercise with cardio and weightlifting. this way you will lose weight and adopt a new sustainable life style and not those garbage drinks :)
  • FutureStar1239
    Options
    make sure you do alot of cardio!!! high intensity interval training is super good and so is dancing!! and don't lift weights at the same time of doing cardio because you are building muscle which equals weight gain :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    First of all, I'd drop the drink.

Second, how many calories are you eating and how are you measuring your food? Over what period of time have you gained and how much?
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I would start by ignoring Dr. Oz :)

You are probably consuming too few calories that your body is holding on to what it can.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    here's what you do: you cancel your subscription or whatever that is and eat whole healthy natural FILLING foods. exercise with cardio and weightlifting. this way you will lose weight and adopt a new sustainable life style and not those garbage drinks :)

Gotta say I agree with this one.
  • ATGsquats
    ATGsquats Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing yourself every week? If you're consistently gaining weight each week, you need to decrease the calories either by increasing the intensity at the gym or the reducing the caloric intake. It's simple calories in and calories out. If you're weight is fluctuating throughout the week, I wouldn't worry too much, could just be some water weight. If you want weigh yourself each morning then at the end of the week take the average.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I would start by ignoring Dr. Oz :)

You are probably consuming too few calories that your body is holding on to what it can.

That doesn't actually happen. You always will lose weight when in a calorie deficit. Eating too little causes adherence issues and poor results. Absolutely spot on about Dr. Oz though!
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You lost me at Dr Oz.

Dr Oz is a doctor like I am a brain surgeon.

Throw that crap out and weep for your lost money.

Magic formula: Count calories, stay at goal, exercise daily.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    make sure you do alot of cardio!!! high intensity interval training is super good and so is dancing!! and don't lift weights at the same time of doing cardio because you are building muscle which equals weight gain :)

^^^ No. It is impossible to put on muscle when eating at a deficit, and resistance training by itself does not make you gain muscle. The only way a human being can add muscle is a combination of strength training and a calorie surplus.

You should be doing some cardio but also doing resistance training to strengthen your existing muscle and preserve lean body mass. And you don't need to do tons of cardio, either; a few days a week is fine. It also doesn't need to be an hour or more of cardio, 30 minutes is probably sufficient.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing weight, you're not eating at a deficit. You're underestimating your food &/or overestimating your burn. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Weigh your food. Try eating back half your exercise calories. Everybody's different, and weight loss takes a whole lot of trial & error to find what works for you.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Calculate TDEE
    2: Hit macros and calories
    3: Move more
    4: Drink copious amounts of water
    5: Punch Dr. Oz in the face and demand your money back
    6: Punch yourself in the face for listening to "Dr." Oz

Rigger
  • ATGsquats
    ATGsquats Posts: 227 Member
    Options

Rigger

This. Yes, punch Dr. Oz.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    And the winner is..........

Rigger
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    curious as to what is in said shakes. if its anything like slim fast just run.
  • stevecarve01
    Options
    You need to change your weight loss training. Hit the core training. Drink more water as possible. To know more log on to website: http://www.offyaglutes.com.au/
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    What does 'loosing' mean?