Stretch Marks

Options
I have some stretch marks in my inner thighs and on my "muffin top". Will these go away after I lose some weight?

Replies

• Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have sad news for you :( If they look a little white, then your chances to get rid of them are very little. If they are red, maybe you have a shot. However, I did have a looooot of stretch marks on my chest when my boobs started to grow bigger and bigger when I was a teenager. They are barely noticeable now, it only took like 10 years lol
    Don't stress about them, they are not going anywhere.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've got stretch marks on my upper thighs, & sides a bit too, & they might be less noticeable, but I don't think they'll ever fully go away. I've lost seven pounds so far, & toned up quite a bit, & I haven't noticed a major change, maybe just a light one. I think they are kind of hard to get rid out, although there's supposedly creams to help, I can't say they work. I've never tried them. If I find anything that could possibly help, I'll let you know. :)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are basically scar tissue. They should fade, but unless science comes up with something they don't go away.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Nope, they just get lighter. Stupid skin.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my hips and thighs from when I grew rapidly there as a teenager. Unfortunately they haven't gone away (I'm in my mid-20's).

I once was very bothered by them, and read that it is possible to heal them to some degree by exfoliating your skin super thoroughly in every shower and using a scar cream or a cream containing MSM (a sulfur compound that is also used as a supplement to help joint pain). I never tried it though; I just learned to live with them. Actually if I think of it, I might pick up some scar cream and see what it does-- it would be nice if that actually worked!

My fiance didn't notice mine for about 3 years, and when he did ask about them he didn't know what they were, and didn't seem fazed when I told him they're stretch marks. I don't think guys care as much as we women do ourselves!
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    If your stretch marks are silver/white, you won't be able to get rid of them unless you have cosmetic surgery.
    If they are still purple/red, you should be able to get rid of them or at least get them to fade a bit.
  • shimi1991
    Options
    Ive had stretch mark since before I even had my son, I find that the best you can do is work out, but make sure to be toning because that will at least help reduce the size.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I have some stretch marks in my inner thighs and on my "muffin top". Will these go away after I lose some weight?

Drink a lot of water, it'll help tighten the skin as you lose weight. They may not completely disappear, but they will become substantially less visible, just takes time.

Rigger
  • Bettyanne77
    Options
    Some things can help with stretch marks but they are a bit extreme and I would advise you to do your research before trying them out or better still find someone qualified who will help. One thing that might help is Dermarolling over the stretchmarked area you need to use the right needle size and roll once every month maximum. It is painful and you need to be very careful about being sterile but it does actually break up the scar tissue and allow new collagen to form reducing the appearance of the stretch mark. There is also TCA peels which again help regenerate the damaged skin. LED treatments, Laser Treatment, and Topical Retin A.

The above treatments have risks attached, you can get burns or an infection or left with scarring if done incorrectly, so it is not something I would recommend you do on your own.

I also think daily firm massage with good quality body oil and moisturiser can help as can dry brushing.
  • sarahc142
    Options
    I have such bad stretch marks all over my thigh, it looks disgusting and it makes me so upset whenever i have to see them. I'm not even very overweight I'm 5'7" and 130lbs. They look especially bad because my skin is so pale, I can't wear any of my shorts anymore and I used to love wearing cute shorts to show off my legs but not anymore :(

It's weird though because I only have stretch marks on one thigh, and they're really severe. My other leg has none at all. Is that normal??
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are normal and almost everybody has them. No need to be ashamed of them, they will get less noticable after a while, mine turned a bit whitish. Just use some vitamin E oil.
  • kiki2009
    kiki2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Not to discourage you but my stretch marks have actually gotten worse. It might be that they just are more noticeable, hoping they go away with more weight loss.