Fitbit Flex

Options
I am thinking of purchasing a Fitbit Flex but know very little about them.
Can anyone shed any light on them? Are they worth the investment?

Replies

• GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I do not have the FitBit Flex, but I do have the FitBit Ultra.
    I LOVE it....been using it for about 2 years.
    My calories burned synchs with MFP automatically, and the food I log on MFP synchs with the fitbit site.

I also really love the sleep tracker on my Ultra...I'm sure the Flex has that feature, as well.

I was worried about the cost initially, but now that I've been using it for 2 years, I really find value in it.
  • silverteacup
    silverteacup Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Fitbit Flex I have the one just before that one was released so it's not on a wrist band but....I can tell you it's become a talisman for me in that I wear it all the time except in the shower. I even put it on when I work out in the pool (in a waterproof container). I reminds me to keep moving and helps me see if I am on pace with my goals for the day. It's a tool like anything else, if you use it as intended it's great.

I also use mine to track my sleep. My doctor suggested that to have effective weight loss I needed to pay attention to the quality of my sleep. The Fitbit let me see that I am a restless sleeper, so i have done things that help me rest better so my sleep quality is much better. I have gone from waking 17 times a night to about 8. So from my perspective its a great tool but only if you use it.

It also syncs very well with MFP another bonus.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I have one. It has not left my wrist except to be charged, since I got it a couple of weeks ago. It has really revolutionized my tracking. Definitely worth the money!
  • ghostfingers
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex. I like it, but I find my steps aren't super accurate unless it's on my hip. However, I love the stats, the dashboard, and the badges. I'm really happy with Fitbit as a manufacturer, and they have great customer support. It's REALLY motivating, I don't know what I'd do without it at this point!
  • absinthia70
    absinthia70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just got my Fitbit Flex a couple of days ago, and I like it so far. It interfaces really well with MFP for most things, except I did have to manually enter some exercise into MFP that was not step/high activity based (belly dancing). I'm still trying to figure out all the taps for the different things, like the alarms (which I love - I have them set to remind me to get up and walk around at intervals during the day), and the sleep mode - you might get the hang of it sooner :) I haven't had any problems showering with it, and am pretty much used to wearing it now. Also, you can tell it if you are wearing it on your dominant hand or non-dominant hand, which is useful. So far it looks like it will be very helpful.
  • julialdr
    julialdr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I got my Fitbit Flex a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE it!!! It helps give me a clearer picture of my calories in vs calories out on a day by day basis and motivates me to get off my butt a bit more. It's great to look at the app and see all your daily goals are completed.

Also, as far as steps are concerned it's extremely accurate. I have walked around with the app open and it registers 1:1 so I'm fairly confident the information provided is as accurate as possible.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I used my Fitbit Flex for the first time yesterday and I'm kind of obsessed with it. It seems pretty accurate and it's definitely been motivating me to be more active.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I got one on Saturday. I love it! I love the sleep tracker and I tracked a 3.2 mile walk on my gps on my phone and the fitbit was completely in sync with it. Tomorrow is my first day back at work since getting it and I'm looking forward to seeing how much I actually do during the day at work because I have a feeling it's a lot more than I think.
  • shoing
    shoing Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Just to give you another option. I have a Basis B1. My son bought it for me for Christmas. I have really enjoyed it. It's a little large but I have worn it constantly. It's even water resistant you can wear it in the shower. It doesn't sync with MFP but I can use my walking and log it onto MFP. I love that it shows steps, calories burnt, walking, running, biking, heart rate, logs sleep patterns, activity, skin temp, perspiration, and badges and points. I hate it doesn't sync with MFP and right now the Android phone I have it doesn't sync with it. But if you have an iphone I think it works well with them.
  • corsiva
    corsiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a Force and I love it! The only time I take it off is to shower and wash my face. It really has gotten me moving more than anything else ever has.
  • rusty01hc
    Options
    I did end up buying one last night.
    Still trying to work out how to work it... its on as we speak. Hopefully its beneficial and gives me an accurate account of my daily activities...
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options