any single parents in there 40's ?

Options
I'm a 42 year old single mother . I work full time. had a rough and abusive marriage. So I got depressed and gained weight. I'm over that now and gaining weight didnt help me.. I know that now. I'm looking to add friends for support and encouragement to keep suceeding in my weight loss goal.

Replies

• stormdancer1
    stormdancer1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, been a single parent nearly 3 years, my ex was a cheat, and subtly mentally abusive.
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I will be 47 in 2 weeks & have a 12 yr. old daughter. My spouse of 18 yrs. told me at Thanksgiving that he didn't want to be with me anymore. So I am newly single & getting fit! :)
  • twinmuma
    twinmuma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Things will get better. I've been separated for 2 years, am 35 with twin toddlers. Yes it's tough to get exercise in but don't use excuses....u can do it. We all have our stories and we all can do it. Motivate!!!! I just came back from 1.5 hrs at the gym....Motivate :-)
  • childofares
    childofares Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite 40 yet (I'm 37) but I am also a single parent to a 5 year old. I was always thin until about a year after having my son. Then weight packed on and wouldn't go away. I work full-time and go to school full-time.
  • 74Patricia
    74Patricia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello! I will be 40 in September and a single mother of 2 teenage boys! It's been a fun ride for sure!! They are my world, but as they are growing up and doing more things independently, its my turn to start taking care of me!! Please friend me if you want to stay connected and supportive!
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yep! Single mom of 3. Been in the same boat as you. Don't quit, move forward, you can do this thing. Feel free to add me as a friend:) Good Luck!!