Tracking your weight

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Lauren. I have a question that maybe someone could help me with. When you want to lose weight, how often do you weigh yourself? Do you have to weigh yourself weekly, bi-weekly, etc? I just weighed myself and dropped down to 120.4 from 122.5 but I don't know if that's just from water weight or not. Any help will be greatly appreciated! - Lauren

Replies

• luvemykids
    Options
    I usually weigh myself weekly at the same time - as soon as I get up in the morning and after I go to the bathroom.
  • professormudd1
    Options
    Personally, I weigh myself every day as part of my morning routine. First thing in the morning, after using the restroom, before I shower. I log new lows.

When first starting, though, I believe the consensus is to weigh weekly. This way your daily ups/downs don't demotivate you, and you are more likely to see the positive effects.
  • sezie
    sezie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself weekly at the same time - as soon as I get up in the morning and after I go to the bathroom.

This is what I do too.
  • SkinnyHippo48
    Options
    Thanks professorship and livelihoods. I figured that weighing myself weekly would be more accurate, as opposed to each day. But I'll try both and see what happens. Thanks again!
    - Lauren
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I pretty much weigh myself daily but ONLY log Friday mornings weight (up, down or the same).