is 30 day shred effective?

Options
im new as of today and as i was looking at topics, i cam across a few talking about Jillian Michaels (i think thats her) dvd called 30 day shred, and was wondering for those who have done it, have you seen results? im trying to get a flat tummy and i know i need a deficit to help too.

Replies

• quest67
    quest67 Posts: 94
    Options
    ?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Any exercise that gets you moving everyday will be effective towards your goals.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You can find it for free on youtube, all 3 levels. Great jump start. If you find it difficult, start with soup cans, or no weights at all.
  • bloggymomx
    Options
    I sold my DVD at a yard sale last summer and was bummed because I wanted to do it. I didn't know it was on YouTube, thanks!!!
  • Heavensent1991
    Heavensent1991 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes it works really good especially if you eat healthy. I saw amazing results from it once I hit level 2. I gained back the weight I lost plus more cause I stopped working and became a stay at home mom and got way off track I even stopped doing the DVD. Sad I know but tomorrow I will be starting the DVD again and see how I do again. I was gonna start today but I have the flu and I don't even have the energy to eat let alone exercise. So hopefully I can start the DVD soon! :) trust it's an awesome DVD check out success stories on here about 30DS!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I definitely saw results but it killed my knees at day ~17 so I had to stop :(. I would recommend doing it every other day or mixing it with other forms of activity. But other people make it through no problem - so I would definitely do it but if something starts to hurt, even a little bit, I would take a break and do something else.
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I didn't see much weight loss but I did lose inches and build lots of strength and endurance.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    As someone else said - it's exercise, it's not going to do any harm. How much good it does you will depend on how fit you are now, how enthusiastically you do it and how often.

I like it because it's short (under 30 min for the whole thing including warm up/cool down). I also have knee issues with some of the exercises and some of them I find completely useless so I mix it up a bit. I mainly do level one but the exercises I find uncomfortable for my knees or a waste of time I switch with exercises from level 2.
  • PixieAdele
    PixieAdele Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I definitely saw results but it killed my knees at day ~17 so I had to stop :(. I would recommend doing it every other day or mixing it with other forms of activity. But other people make it through no problem - so I would definitely do it but if something starts to hurt, even a little bit, I would take a break and do something else.

I got to about this point too and now have shin splints so I've had to stop, I hope to start again where i left off at the weekend or in a week or so, until its less painful. I also tied it in with zumba and going to the gym 3 times a week and saw great results (with cal deficit). I think its a great way to get some real good cardio and some strength work for free in your own home.

The only bad thing about it is the music lol