P90x vs Insanity Talk to me!

Options
Ok so I'm not sure if I even want to try these out but I see the results that some of y'all have been getting and I'm really intrigued! I need to know from MFP members though. I don't trust youtube or the infomercials. I need Pros and Cons and someone to push me over the edge so I can make my purchase. I am athletic and always have been but I get bored easily with workouts so Variety is key. I also have never done video workouts before.

~N~

Replies

• zachherda1
    Options
    Hi! There is a large difference between the 2 workouts and depending on your fitness needs they will vary. Send me a message with what you are looking to achieve and I will be glad to talk to you about the differences! I say message only because it is easier to discuss than the open forums! Thanks!
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Like zachherda1 said, there is a large difference between the 2, but they are both quite effective workouts.
    It just depends on what type of workout you are looking for.

P90X - Focuses more on strength training, mixing in some cardio days. The workouts are slow and methodical, but will leave you pretty sore the next day. Also, the workout is pretty strategic in that you'll be working upper body one day, lower body the next, throw in a yoga/stretch day for good measure, and repeat.

Insanity - Heavy focus on cardio and endurance training. The workouts are "balls to the wall", but you can go at your own pace and not feel like a failure. There isn't really much strategy to this workout program. While each workout has a different name, they are all pretty much the same.

I'd say if you are just looking for an awesome calorie burn while gaining lung capacity and endurance, go with Insanity (I often credit Insanity with convincing me to quit smoking..........there was no way I could do both, so I made the smart choice).
    As far as an overall great workout, my choice would be P90X..........it just has a perfect balance of everything..........strength, flexibility, cardio, etc.