Hello everyone.

Options
Hi there. I've been floating around the site for a while now so I guess I'm a bit late with the introductions!

I'm a married father of three - two of whom are under 2. Needless to say my spare time to exercise is a little taken up - and when I do get to relax, I'm often too tired to go for a run.

Diet-wise, we eat reasonably well but sometimes you just grab what's available and that's not always the best option, Now that my metabolism has finally started to slow down, I'm noticing the extra kilos and I'd like to get back to my fighting weight and shape so that my kids don't look at me one day and wish their father could play with them more...

I'm sure there are some people here with challenges that make mine look totally insignificant. It matters to me though and if you support me without judgement, I'll be sure to support you without judgement.

Replies

• Lexi0405
    Lexi0405 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When my kids were little, like yours, I used them like weights to work out. They thought it was play time when I held them up in the air and "flew them around" with my feet on their stomach (while holding their hands), I was really doing my ab workout LOL. Or would play monster with them sitting on my feet while doing sit ups and grabbing them every time I sat up. I was in great shape then, and my kids loved it!
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    That's a good idea Lexi. I've done that to a degree - I should probably do it more. I doubt anyone would complain!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you are from NSW right? That's where I'm from originally. QLD'er now.
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    Nice to know you, mockchoc. I can say that because I'm not into Rugby League, of course.....!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Nice to know you, mockchoc. I can say that because I'm not into Rugby League, of course.....!

I'm not into rugby either or football or anything where grown men play with balls and hug each other a lot :laugh: :wink:
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi Matthew.

I know exactly where you are coming from. My two are 7 and 3 and it was last summer when I couldn't keep up with them that decided something needed to be done. Signed up for a 10K and been here ever since. I log on everyday (except on New Year's Day when I thought I had, but hadn't, and lost my streak) so if you're looking for buddies that know where you're coming from send me a request.

PS - I'm not into Rugby League either :tongue:
  • JSE81
    JSE81 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey mate, feel free to add me if you want.
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. Yesterday was swallowed up with meetings and travel, hence the delay in replying. :smile:
  • MatthewNSW
    Options

I'm not into rugby either or football or anything where grown men play with balls and hug each other a lot :laugh: :wink:

As long as you don't want to talk dressage as a result, all good.... :tongue: