How often do you weigh in?

Options
So do you guys weigh every day and chart it or just once a week? I am new at this whole thing. Thank you in advance.
Nicki

Replies

• redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Personally, I weigh in once a week because our bodies naturally fluctuate. Besides, if I start doing it more then that I tend to get a bit obsessive and start stepping on the scale multiple times a day. Which doesn't work for me as I start to worry if the number goes up, or get overly excited when it goes down. Sometimes I can't resist and step on the scale more then once a week, but I try hard to keep it to only once.

But that's just me, everyone has their own preferences.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I went from once a week to once a day and now I do it every other day and I get my BF and measurements done at the gym every couple weeks. its really just a personal thing. I like to have that every other day motivation to keep me honest. otherwise if I cave I tend to say "its ok since I dont have a weigh in until the end of the week" etc.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    i weigh in every morning and on Mondays i take my measurements each week. everyone is different tho--so find the routine that works best for you. i go for loss, then maintain it, and repeat til i near my goal, but i'm older and have injuries so i allow myself to get used to the new me and the new weight... Good luck!
  • ReadyMom
    Options
    My goal is every 2 weeks but I usually get too excited and cave between 10-12 days. :) If I think I did extraordinarily well I will weigh at the 1 week mark.
  • StPattysGrl
    Options
    I've just begun, but I've been weighing myself every morning out of curiosity, but I only enter my Sunday morning weight on MFP for the weigh in.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I do it twice a week. If I do it more often I start to get obsessive and I get really upset and grumpy if the number goes up, even by tenths of a pound. But if I do it less often I tend to forget about it.
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Every morning, first thing in the morning, and then I log it on MFP. It keeps me honest and logging in.

Also, I'm watching for fluctuations over time because there might very well be a pattern (*ahem*tom*ahem*) to the minor ups and more generally downs.

My scale weighs in 0.2 increments only, though.
  • Fruit4dessert
    Fruit4dessert Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, on Monday mornings. Doing it then keeps me more on track with my food over the weekend, knowing I have to face the scale on Monday!
  • Pita0224
    Pita0224 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself daily and it affects my mood. I try very hard to only do it twice a week, which is how frequently I put it on MFP. However, when I become obsessive my husband swoops in to hide the scale. It's rather refreshing. Out of sight, out of mind.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Once a week, every Friday.
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Every day at the same time I weigh myself. In the morning, before anything... stark naked. I only check in the results when I hit a new low.
  • Candypoetrygirl
    Candypoetrygirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    every 3 weeks - if I weigh more often it will become obsessive!
    I like seeing a diffence of 2kg/5lb or more :-)
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Once a month, on a Sunday, in the morning, after a pee, bucket naked... :-)
  • cbaumez
    Options
    Some weight loss articles say once a week others say once a day so you can see what you need to change in your daily routine. I feel it's really up to you but one thing should stay consistent...Always way in at the same time of day. Your weight will vary depening on what time of day it is.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday
  • Hippalena
    Options
    I weight and record my weight on Sunday, and then weight again on Wednesday just to make sure I'm on track .
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Every day like a crack head...but only record Sunday mornings
  • Hippalena
    Options
    I'll call you Pookie !