I can feel I´m ready

Options
I have been 45lbs overweight for almost all my adult life (I´m 35 now) and never really felt the need or the motivation to get rid of the fat. Probably because I was always pregnant or thinking about getting pregnant again, breastfeeding etc. and my mind was just somehow in a different place. I´v only once tried a lifestyle change and I lost only 12lbs in 4 months even though I changed my eating habits and worked out with a personal trainer 3x a week. This was 4 years ago and.

But now I can just somehow feel that I am ready! I really, really want to lose at least 22lbs and maybe more. I signed up a week ago and have been counting calories and walking for 30-60 min. each day. This has resulted in a 3.5lbs weightloss in the first 8 days. :)

Replies

• summerbabe65
    summerbabe65 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community :D and congratulations on deciding to begin your weight loss journey. Taking the first step is the most amazing thing you can do thus far. Trust me it'll be worth it.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You're complaining about losing .75 lb. a week? That's an appropriate, healthy rate.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Go to home depot and find a 45 lb bag of sand or landscape pebbles. Pick it up and carry it to the end of the isle and back. Now imagine how incredible you will feel not carrying that everyday. If you get in shape too there will be no turning back! You can do it!
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I´m so happy to have found this community and the wealth of information that is on here :)