I am so excited...(Running Related)

Options
...because my running shoes are arriving by mail tomorrow! *does wild dance*

Let the crazy training begin!!! Seriously, are you getting the vibe? Are you feeling my excitement?

See. Tara. Run.

W00T!

Anyways, I was wondering: What is your go to running shoe? I got Saucony Omni 8's because of their stability. I tend to wobble when running so I knew it would be an issue right off that bat. So I went in to "Running Central" where the staff was amazing and they ran all kinds of cool tests to see how you run and then watch you run in different pairs of shoes! It was cool!

I gotta say too, though I decided on the Omni's, I loved almost every Saucony I tried on. I just needed the most stable shoe they had! Haha!

What's your shoe?

Replies

• sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Nike Lunarglide +. LOVE those shoes. I have to get them in men's size because I have wide feet, but they are so comfortable and light, while providing stability at the same time.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I'm a Saucony girl!! :heart: them!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I need a new one... I just bought some Nike + shoes that were on sale at the Nike Factory Store (outlet) based on what I'd read online and studied of myself and what kind of pronator I am.
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    vbshoes35.jpg

I am in love.
  • KCmom
    KCmom Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm a Saucony Pro Grid gal! I pronate badly, and I've been fighting a chronic planar tenonditis for about 15 months with my left foot. I've had the Pro-Grids for about 7 months and am on my 2nd pair. They have the support I need and I've been working out faithfully, getting my foot stronger, and I'm finally able to run. I'm training for a half marathon in May, and will run my first 5K in Dec.....hopefully my foot will not flare up again (it seems to always linger).
    Anyway, love my Sauconys! :wink:

879845.png
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Asics for me! I bought a pair of Saucony and it just didn't give me the right arch support, made my feet hurt. My Asics are my super duper fave! They're getting all worn out and busted looking, so I need to get another pair, especially since I just signed up for a new race on 12/11!!!!

WOOT!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    HAHA double
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    whoops double!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    vbshoes35.jpg

I am in love.

Please tell us more... I have seen them, and wondered, but I can't get over the idea that they would drive me crazy and feel strange between my toes...like toe socks LOL
  • ctheslayer
    Options
    I'm a Saucony Pro Grid gal! I pronate badly, and I've been fighting a chronic planar tenonditis for about 15 months with my left foot. I've had the Pro-Grids for about 7 months and am on my 2nd pair. They have the support I need and I've been working out faithfully, getting my foot stronger, and I'm finally able to run. I'm training for a half marathon in May, and will run my first 5K in Dec.....hopefully my foot will not flare up again (it seems to always linger).
    Anyway, love my Sauconys! :wink:

879845.png

Ditto. Saucony Pro Grid Hurricane Wide. I replaced the standard insoles with SuperFeet insoles. I have a narrow heel and I need a wide toebox. I also inner pronate on my right foot. Love 'em.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I didn't know enough about shoes to just say, "Hey! I can so just pick a pair out by doing my own research!" I had to have someone sit me down and explain it to me. So I really admire those who can figure this out on their own. I think I was also afraid of messing anything up. I've got enough things blowing up in my body, I wanted to make sure someone else looked at me and thought the same things I thought. Which were WOAH, how does she walk on her own two feet? lol! :o)
  • schwarzaj
    schwarzaj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    vbshoes35.jpg

I am in love.

Please tell us more... I have seen them, and wondered, but I can't get over the idea that they would drive me crazy and feel strange between my toes...like toe socks LOL

I was just talking to a DR and my PT about these today...

Basically the concern I had (and why my PT advises against them) is that if you have "foot issues" (over or under pronation, plantars faciitis etc..) that are corrected by running shoes... these won't work for you. There is nothing to correct the foot issues. Not to mention that most of of us grew up wearing shoes and our feet aren't strong enough to handle these shoes right off. You have to ease into them. That said if you have the "right feet" and the right stride these shoes are great....

The are a really novel idea and I kinda wish my stars would align so I could try them out...
  • Papucho
    Papucho Posts: 138
    Options
    Nikes here, they've always been the best fit for me.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks Ravennas. I can't wait to put them on every day. :happy:
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    I swear by Mizuno :)

for road and trail running...
  • DestinyWeight
    Options
    New balance shoes.
  • Candypoetrygirl
    Candypoetrygirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a PUMA girl :-)
  • lmschifano
    Options
    I loooooove....love love love love love.....and I do mean LOVE Brooks' running shoe called Ghost. The name is quite fitting....They are so light, and yet supportive that you don't even know they are there. Incredible
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I also love my brooks. By far, the most comfortable, and durable running shoe I've ever had, and I've tried them all.

my Brooks of choice is the Adrenaline GTS 11, it was so far above the others that once I tried it, I stopped asking for more shoes (it was the 3rd shoe I tried at the running store).